Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Graded 1943-S Labeled as D Mint

I got a PCGS 1943-D graded quarter from a coin shop today and once I got it home and under my loupe, realized it was a 1943-S. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. Now I have the cost to re-submit, and have been waiting on submission forms for a couple of weeks now.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you not return it to the coin shop for a refund? But your experience is why I finally started to bring a loupe to every coin show and shop.

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s called a mechanical error. I have had that issue before. PCGS will correct the label and cover the cost of the submission and the shipping.

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

You don’t need to wait for PCGS to send you submission forms. You can download them from their website.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a bit surprised you didn't notice that in the coin shop while you were looking at the coin for purchase. Really don't need a loop to see a mintmark on a Washington quarter.

peacockcoins

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:
    Can you not return it to the coin shop for a refund? But your experience is why I finally started to bring a loupe to every coin show and shop.

I had my loupe in hand, but did not feel the need to use it after seeing the Trusted PCGS label. Lesson learned.

• Options

@cardinal said:
    That’s called a mechanical error. I have had that issue before. PCGS will correct the label and cover the cost of the submission and the shipping.

Thank you cardinal.

• Options

I am aware of the downloadable form. I was going to have some carbonlesss submission forms printed from the PDF at Office Depot, but PCGS was kind enough to offer to send me their carbonless sub forms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file