Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Another Crossover Mantle

Need some help on this one. I'm looking to get this card fairly cheap and submitting it to PSA looking for a "7". Think it's got a chance?

1953 Mantle SGC 86 Near-Mint+
Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!

Comments

• This is an old style holder. Were I genuinely interested, I would ask for far better scans. Cards contained within the old style holder need to be examined carefully.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • I have a feeling that PSA would reject that card.
  • FC

I was trying to be nice!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The top border looks a little thin. I think the centering is borderline for a 7.
  • brucemobrucemo Posts: 358
    That card has hideous t/b centering and there is no way that it would get a 7. This is a perfect example of the kind of SGC card to avoid. If you mess around with this kind of thing, you'll get a lot of 6's.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • That is what SGC is for . To send all your cards that would otherwise get PSA qualifers i.e O/C, MC,PD,ST ect. These types of cards with problems sell much better in SGC holder with only a number grade than in a PSA holder with a Qualifer. I do this with all my cards that I believe are not worthy of a PSA holder. Seems to work pretty well so far.

BOB
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. FC - why do you think PSA would "reject" this card...trimmed?
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!