Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1892-PL Columbian commems....what about the 1893-PL??

NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Our hosts grade/holder the 1892-PL Columbian, but not the 1893-PL Columbian, which they do grade/holder the 1893-PL ATS. Has this been discussed here before, and I just missed it? Does anyone know why/have a clue as to why they'll list an 1892-PL Columbian, but not an/the 1893-PL Columbian? Can anyone help with this one? Thanks for any and all help!

I'll come up with something.

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:
    Our hosts grade/holder the 1892-PL Columbian, but not the 1893-PL Columbian, which they do grade/holder the 1893-PL ATS. Has this been discussed here before, and I just missed it? Does anyone know why/have a clue as to why they'll list an 1892-PL Columbian, but not an/the 1893-PL Columbian? Can anyone help with this one? Thanks for any and all help!

PCGS doesn’t recognize 1893 PL’s or just hasn’t, to this point? My guess is that it’s the latter.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

So they will grade an 1893 as PL, but it is not listed because they haven't graded one PL yet. It is the same if you look at coinfacts for mercury dimes, they list PLs for some dates, but not others. Just have to wait until they give an 1893 a PL grade then it will pop up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file