Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL like the Beatles, Four days a week

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

If and when most likely the College football Season is cancelled the NFL is asking for their television restrictions be lifted for 2020 and be allowed to broadcast on Saturday. Likely 3 games scheduled with exclusive coverage at 1 and 4 pm and an 8:30 pm late game. With Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday it seems the NFL will have a lock on sports this year. Good news for NFL junkies like me and even better news for extremely hard hit Las Vegas.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thumbs down . I want them banned from thursday night games . Thursday nights are garbage , adding saturday won't improve things

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

A game a night would be nice. Get to see all the players.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 9:14AM

The title of the song was "Eight Days a Week." Even for me that would be too much football.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    The title of the song was "Eight Days a Week." Even for me that would be too much football.

I know but I’m only half right most of the time. 8 days 4 days, half right?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about "4 and 20" by CSNY? 4 games a week for 20 weeks.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's just go 25 or 6 to 4 and call it good.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t care how they slice it, I just want a full complete season

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally I am against this type of thing, because I do feel that it's gotten too watered down - taking away the excitement.

But at this point I'll take it ... For this year only.

Seriously, I feel like Thursday night just needs to go. We already had Thursday football, on Thanksgiving.

• Options

@Darin said:

Funny you mention it. I heard that song being used for an Army recruitment commercial. Apparently some young ad executive didn’t do his homework. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

Funny you mention it. I heard that song being used for an Army recruitment commercial. Apparently some young ad executive didn’t do his homework. 😂

2 dueces- I've heard the meaning of 25 or 6 to 4, according to the man who wrote it is simply..........
    He was singing about trying to write a song and not having much success, and looked at the
    clock and the time was around 25 or 26 minutes to 4 AM. Shortened it to 25 or 6 to 4 and then when the
    song was released all kinds of wild theories came out about the meaning.