Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1953 Topps Baseball PSA 8 and 8 (OC) cards--no longer for sale!

pluto62pluto62 Posts: 7

Thanks all for looking! Sending for consignment. Jeff

Hi all--

I am selling four nice 1953 Topps baseball cards in PSA 8 or 8 (OC) condition. I thought I would post them here for sale before going the consignment route. They are as follows, with detailed descriptions and pictures below. I have really tried to price these as fairly as I could, so the prices are pretty firm, but I would be willing to consider a small discount on the whole lot.
Shipping is $4 for one of them or all of them.

12 Howie Judson PSA 8- $98
47 Bubba Church PSA 8- $98
116 Frank Smith PSA 8 (OC)- $38
236 (high number) Harry Perkowski PSA 8 (OC)- $98

Judson: This is a straight PSA 8. There are only 9 examples graded higher, including 2 PSA 9s and no PSA 10s. This card is within approximately the top 15% graded by PSA and has really nice centering. This card does not come up often, and only three auctions of this card are listed on PSA APR in 2019 and 2020. They averaged a price of $110 for the card.

Church: Also a straight PSA 8. There are only 10 examples higher of this one, including 6 PSA 9s and no PSA 10s! It is in roughly the top 15% of all examples submitted to PSA of this card. The colors on this card are bright, the registration is good on front and back, and the corners are strong, centering is shifted a bit to the right. There have been only 3 sales of this card this year listed on PSA APR, for an average price of $117.

Smith: This is a PSA 8 (OC), with a shift to the left. It has the noted centering issue but the colors are bright and the corners are strong. The registration is strong and the back is clean. It certainly does not look more than 65 years old! The only PSA 8 (OC) sale of this card that I have found was two years ago, for $55. Please do note that there is a linear crack near the top of the PSA case over the card label. It does not cover the card in any way or go through to the other side. Please see scans for detail and feel free to ask me any questions about this.

Perkowski: I think this is my favorite of the group. It's also PSA 8 (OC), with a shift to the right, but has really bright colors. It's a high number, and hard to find in high grade. There are no PSA 9s and no PSA 10s of this card. Without the OC qualifier, this card goes for very high prices. The last 4 auctions for this card at PSA 8 were $1125. This card as an 8 (OC) does not come up often for auction. It looks like the last one was a couple years back and went for $125.

Comments