My babies 😁

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took my grandson to the only card shop within a 100 miles of us, Southern Cards, Bristol, Va.
    Tony has been the owner/operator for the last several years. When we went in, Tony gave us his
    usual friendly greeting with a smile. He gave us each a pack of cards. My grandson, Jake, spent
    over an hour looking at the huge selection and asking questions. Tony answered most and some
    of the customers the rest. We left with a couple of boxes, a bunch of 1987 Donruss packs that have
    the post card size cards and the Clemente puzzle pieces. A couple of cheap patch/bat cards rounded
    out the buys. When we got home, Jake opened up a Donruss box that had some packs and an action figure.
    It was Aaron Judge and he couldn't have been happier. The afternoon was a success and from what I
    saw Tony had some good sales.

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Wow! Sounds like an amazing day, and one to remember for you both. 😊👍👍

Thank you for sharing that. One could hope to be able to see that day where we could enjoy this great hobby with our grandchildren. What a joy that would be. Lucky grandson! 😊

What could be better than a Judge!!!

@Tibor said:
    I took my grandson to the only card shop within a 100 miles of us, Southern Cards, Bristol, Va.
    Tony has been the owner/operator for the last several years. When we went in, Tony gave us his
    usual friendly greeting with a smile. He gave us each a pack of cards. My grandson, Jake, spent
    over an hour looking at the huge selection and asking questions. Tony answered most and some
    of the customers the rest. We left with a couple of boxes, a bunch of 1987 Donruss packs that have
    the post card size cards and the Clemente puzzle pieces. A couple of cheap patch/bat cards rounded
    out the buys. When we got home, Jake opened up a Donruss box that had some packs and an action figure.
    It was Aaron Judge and he couldn't have been happier. The afternoon was a success and from what I
    saw Tony had some good sales.

• Options

My son was quite happy with his pulls on Saturday. Very thankful to have a quality LCS that does a lot to get kids into the hobby. Shout out to https://shopmeelypops.com/

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MantleMarisFordBerra That Auto/Patch card is sweet. Glad the two of
    you had a great time.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Those are some very sharp cards, King Ben. Great story, Tibor. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to your son, MMFB. Well done!

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming the Corbin game used memorabilia would be from when they wore the Expos throwbacks? Very cool.

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    I'm assuming the Corbin game used memorabilia would be from when they wore the Expos throwbacks? Very cool.

Ya know I didn’t even realize that! How cool!

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Love that big smile on your grandson!!! That is terrific, and I hope to be blessed to someday get to go to a game with my grandchildren...

Flashback to 2018 National Baseball Card Day -- here's a Banner that flew at Yankee Stadium (heavy cloth material, I think it's 6ft x 9ft)

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Wow... sweet!!! 😎

@DotStore said:
    Love that big smile on your grandson!!! That is terrific, and I hope to be blessed to someday get to go to a game with my grandchildren...

Flashback to 2018 National Baseball Card Day -- here's a Banner that flew at Yankee Stadium (heavy cloth material, I think it's 6ft x 9ft)