Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

The card or the sale? I have no idea about either, but I like clarity. :D

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    The card or the sale? I have no idea about either, but I like clarity. :D

The sale. You can't fake centering like that on an '87 OPC Bonds.

Arthur

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pump pump pump

Dump dump dump

• Options

@80sOPC said:
    Pump pump pump

Dump dump dump

Not me. I don't own a OPC Bonds PSA 10. But if one sold for $10k that's pretty darn hobby relevant.

Arthur

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

The BGS 10 of the same card sold for $12,601 (Probstein) auction. The BGS was considered "Sheet Cut" in another thread. So given the auction price of the BGS, I think it's feasible the PSA 10 sold for that -- maybe it was the 2nd or 3rd highest bidders on the BGS Auction? The PSA BIN looks like it was a few minutes after the BGS Auction closed...

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have little faith since they can't spell collector right!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Border area looks pretty good. Slightly narrower on bottom when top three are equal.

Wow!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Sorry wasn’t implying you were doing that. But no way that sale is real. Low feedback seller, BIN, coming on the heels of the BGS sale. But it will serve its purpose.

@ReggieCleveland said:

@80sOPC said:
    Pump pump pump

Dump dump dump

Not me. I don't own a OPC Bonds PSA 10. But if one sold for $10k that's pretty darn hobby relevant.

Arthur

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    Sorry wasn’t implying you were doing that. But no way that sale is real. Low feedback seller, BIN, coming on the heels of the BGS sale. But it will serve its purpose.

@ReggieCleveland said:

@80sOPC said:
    Pump pump pump

Dump dump dump

Arthur

95 positives is a low feedback seller? I don’t know? My account was hacked twice! Had to start all over twice after 500 positives. I now have 20 or so and I own some pretty pricey items. So if I listed my 86 Jordan PSA 8 you think it would be a risky buy?
    Guess I’ll have to start selling my Hemsley Mullens rookies first.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Yes 95 feedback is a low relative to the the card being sold. Like I said, there is a pattern in the hobby. Card sells at auction for a stupid amount, a whole slew of BIN’s get hit and voila, a new price is solidified. Al of a sudden a 2k card is a 10k card.....magic.

• Options

And to answer your question, I would buy from a low feedback seller and do all the time. But a low feedback seller that pops a BIN on a 10k card five minutes after a highwater auction, sorry don’t believe it.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know if that sale is real, but I believe a non-sheet cut, legitimate and honest opc 10 is getting pretty close to being worth that.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would much rather buy high priced cards from low feedback sellers than the big guys. I have never had any problem.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@80sOPC said:
    Like I said, there is a pattern in the hobby. Card sells at auction for a stupid amount, a whole slew of BIN’s get hit and voila, a new price is solidified. Al of a sudden a 2k card is a 10k card.....magic.

Unfortunately, I've seen this happen too much, as well. I haven't noticed a pattern with low feedback though. That's the problem, I'm seeing 1k+ sellers doing this and it makes it that much harder to spot.

Arthur

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:

@80sOPC said:
    Like I said, there is a pattern in the hobby. Card sells at auction for a stupid amount, a whole slew of BIN’s get hit and voila, a new price is solidified. Al of a sudden a 2k card is a 10k card.....magic.

Unfortunately, I've seen this happen too much, as well. I haven't noticed a pattern with low feedback though. That's the problem, I'm seeing 1k+ sellers doing this and it makes it that much harder to spot.

Arthur

So, what's your thought? Legit or not?

• Options

I wasn't aware of the BGS 10 auction until it was pointed out here. I think that lends credence to the idea that it's a legit sale because I can see someone putting in a snipe that they think will definitely get them the BGS card only to lose out and then angry-buy the PSA 10. If I had to place odds I'd say 60-40 it's legit.

But I think someone else made an even more important point: it almost doesn't matter. The sale is on record and most people aren't going to question it. The real test will be will it move the needle on future sales? This being a double-whammy with the BGS 10 and PSA 10 I think there's a chance. But I could also see an auction going off for $7k right now.

I don't know. I'm just shooting from the hip and talking out of my arse. I am interested to see what comes next though.

Arthur

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

If you look at the history of bidders on the BGS Auction, and also the Offers made on the PSA 10, you see one person who was interested in BOTH cards. That person (feedback score 1021) bid $9,855 on the BGS Auction (he was the 3rd highest bidder in the BGS Auction).

Since that same person had submitted an offer on the PA 10 card, we know for sure that person was aware of BOTH cards on eBay. After the $9,855 bid on the BGS failed, it is possible the $10K went towards the PSA 10 (just a guess...)

BIDS on the BGS 10
    (184) $12,601.00 4 Aug 2020 at 8:59:34PM PDT
    (387) $12,501.00 4 Aug 2020 at 8:59:33PM PDT
    (1021) $9,855.00 4 Aug 2020 at 8:59:28PM PDT
    (1021) $6,900.00 4 Aug 2020 at 8:26:19PM PDT
    (1) $6,800.00 4 Aug 2020 at 6:31:01PM PDT

OFFERS on the PSA 10 (according to Watchcount)

User ID Offer Status    Date of Offer    
    r***t  ( 354)   Declined    Aug-01-20 04:12:08 PDT   
    r***t  ( 354)   Declined    Jul-28-20 11:02:36 PDT   
    r***t  ( 354)   Declined    Jul-28-20 11:02:19 PDT   
    v***s  ( 1021)  Declined    Jun-29-20 19:23:18 PDT   
    i***g  ( 377)   Declined    Jun-28-20 06:55:37 PDT

• Options

A PSA 9 just sold for $700 so perhaps it's not as crazy as I thought.

Arthur

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Here's a PSA 9 already at $1,000 with almost a full day of bidding to go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-O-Pee-Chee-Barry-Bonds-ROOKIE-RC-320-PSA-9-MINT/353162839281?hash=item523a2544f1:g:O3AAAOSwbdBfLIF3

This card sure is intriguing. Looks like it's clearly getting more love than its 1987 Topps Tiffany counterpart.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

@80sForever said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-O-Pee-Chee-Barry-Bonds-ROOKIE-RC-320-PSA-9-MINT/353162839281?hash=item523a2544f1:g:O3AAAOSwbdBfLIF3

This card sure is intriguing. Looks like it's clearly getting more love than its 1987 Topps Tiffany counterpart.

The OPC is his rarest rookie I believe.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:

@80sForever said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

The OPC is his rarest rookie I believe.

The Classic Yellow Green Back can give it a run but it has nowhere near the popularity or demand. It will never sniff the OPC numbers, nor should it. I'd probably rather have a PSA 10 Leaf than a PSA 10 Green Back, and I own a PSA 10 Green Back.

Arthur

• Options
    tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

It’s interesting to see these 80’s cards get some exposure. Tiffany, OPC and condition sensitive 80’s rookies are very hot.

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

I had the opportunity to buy this card in PSA 10 for $350 a few years ago and I declined...ugh.