Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY Stores changing. Looks fantastic....is it real/true. It said this is permanent.

This info was taken right from the EBAY site. My store has 1000+ items and I pay for a PREMIUM store at the present time. My yearly contract is up in a month. I'm going down to a BASIC store. Is there something that I'm not understanding. Basic will give me 10,000+ listings. Looks almost to good to be true.

Free monthly zero insertion fee listings
starting August 1, 2020
All Sellers
Non-Store, Starter Store, and Basic Store subscribers

Store Subscription Before Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings After Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings
Non-Store 50 auction or fixed price listings 200 auction or fixed price listings

Starter Store 100 auction or fixed price listings 250 auction or fixed price listings

Basic Store 250 fixed price listings
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles 350 fixed price listings
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

Additional benefits for sellers in managed payments
Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise Store subscribers

Store Subscription Before Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings After Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings

Basic Store 250 fixed price listings in all categories**
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles 10,000 fixed price listings in select categories*
350 fixed price listings in all categories**
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

Premium Store 1,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
500 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles 50,000 fixed price listings in select categories*
1,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
500 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

Anchor Store 10,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
1,000 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles 75,000 fixed price listings in select categories*
10,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
1,000 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

Enterprise Store 100,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
2,500 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles 100,000 fixed price listings in select categories*
100,000 fixed price listings in all categories**
2,500 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

*Select categories
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards

Comments

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

That's how I read it as well. I also do a Premium so I get the 1000 fixed price listings. Pretty sure mine isn't up until March though.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoke and mirrors. Let's talk FVF, especially with managed payments. Total percentage they take should go down or at least stay the same now w/ them slowly nixing paypal outta the equation, right?

Of course they're gonna throw free listings out to any and everybody. Bait.

• Options

And am I reading that right? Free listings to all sellers, BUT ebay managed payments don't kick in unless you HAVE a store?

If that's the case, I may be canceling my stores altogether.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Additional benefits for sellers in managed payments
    Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise Store subscribe

So stores with managed payments are the ones getting the bunch of additional listings. My store subscription is up in about a month.....sounds good to go to a BASIC store and drop the PREMIUM store. Here could be the catch.....Maybe they are going to change all of the pricing with the store levels. Maybe basic will be like $50 in the near future?? Who knows with FEEBAY.

• Options

Right now, id opt out of a store not to have to use managed payment program.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of opening a basic store on the Annual plan. But is it confirmed that once I open a store I will have to use the eBay Managed Payment program? Is that a good or bad thing?

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m looking to start selling cards soon but I’ve never sold cards on eBay. Is it possible to start selling with no feedback (selling). I’ve been a huge buyer though. What’s the best way to start selling cards if not eBay? CU/Blowout/Net54 B/S/T forums?

• Options

@dustinspeaks said:
    I'm not using managed payments. Everything is going through PayPal.

If you have a store your time is approaching. They are rolling the program in phases.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 8:41PM

@Rofles said:
    I’m looking to start selling cards soon but I’ve never sold cards on eBay. Is it possible to start selling with no feedback (selling). I’ve been a huge buyer though. What’s the best way to start selling cards if not eBay? CU/Blowout/Net54 B/S/T forums?

If you have bought a lot you must have a decent feedback total. I think that is what most people look at your overall feedback rating. I think you will be fine to start selling. Ebay always protects the buyer anyway. Good luck.

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

@Rofles said:

If you have bought a lot you must have a decent feedback total. I think that is what most people look at your overall feedback rating. I think you will be fine to start selling. Ebay always protects the buyer anyway. Good luck.

How’s this: