Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any gems in this Junk was lot?

Got these from my Dad who is an eBay junkie. (No pun intended).

Can anyone see anything at all of potential value? My focus is pre-1983 so these all look the same to me!

The 1991 Ryan aluminum foil packs were a new sight.

Thx for any help.

Steve

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2020 11:09AM

Why is it always 89-92?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    HalfNipponeseHalfNipponese Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

You have a lot of chances to pull some Griffey rookies. I'm starting a junk wax collection. This has given me some ideas.

Visit :)MyRareCards.com :) to see my publicly curated collection. I'm currently in open beta so please PM me any suggestions. The only point of the site is to share my favorite cards and manage my collection. Optimized for mobile devices.

• Options
    DonyoguyDonyoguy Posts: 30 ✭✭

Bottom row, 1993 Upper Deck Series 2 jumbo pack. Possible Jeter RC. Plus the random pack of 1986 Donruss to its left (Canseco & McGriff RCs). Possible Griffey RCs in the 1989 Fleer packs as was mentioned.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

In addition to possible Griffey RC's in the '89 Fleer, look for the error cards (depending on what batch they came out of). The famous Billy "FF", Randy Johnson sign, etc...

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a lot of fun to rip.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Find the Reggie!

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which Reggie?

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    Which Reggie?

Oh yes! those 1990 Upper Deck packs with the "Find the Reggie" -- 2,500 autographed cards by Reggie Jackson. One of the first "Chase Cards" I can remember during those days...
    Upper Deck started with Reggie Jackson, then had other players in their products in subsequent years (Nolan Ryan, Johnny Bench, Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, Griffey Jr., etc...)

Reggie's card looked like this

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nolan Ryan packs could have the "ghost writing" backs. Need a black light though. Sell for big money if you pull one though.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I am going to have to rip to Nolan’s.

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

I also see 2 packs of ‘91 bowman that have the Chipper rc

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    Nolan Ryan packs could have the "ghost writing" backs. Need a black light though. Sell for big money if you pull one though.

Aren't these visible with the naked eye??

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06