Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

~ Color For The Weekend™ ~

bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's that time again. Show us your subtly toned beauties as well as your monsters.
I'll start with a few modern proof Jeffersons that I don't believe I've shown.

Comments

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:
    How about my new dark side piece?:

Superb color!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020 8:39PM

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    It's that time again. Show us your subtly toned beauties as well as your monsters.
    I'll start with a few modern proof Jeffersons that I don't believe I've shown.

<3<3<3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been slowly turning my modern gold into quarter indians.

This guy was born in 1942, and this is his father's collection. I've been buying him out every week the last few weeks, and am actively selling more stuff to buy more.

Unfortunately, a TON have horrible cabinet friction. It's so upsetting. It makes me wanna die thinking how PCGS is gonna grade some of them. Like I can feel a panic attack starting just writing this, ugh.

The 22 piece collection is available here, with two 1915 and 1909-D $5's. I'm limited to Ebay listings because I've been submitting them the moment they arrive at the post office. One batch is being imaged tho!!!

https://imgur.com/a/kAXf9to

I'm so glad to have liquidated my modern gold. AGE are some of the most disgusting coins. I turned the rest into maples or silver. Blegggghhh.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I paid $600 for this other 1912. I just had to have it. I'm excited to know how both grade out. I have no regrets on what I paid. They're gonna look great side by side and i am keeping both.

A lot of these pieces are years with rare colors, like most issues were green but occasionally popped as orange. Or one year is generally pale yellow with the occasional green. Theres one year splashed with orange but normally they're yellow green. I wanna spread it on toast.

All this collection has been is those "exceptions". I'm in heaven.

And not just that, someone bought a coin today and it's my first time having next to nothing in a piece like that, so basically a couple free quarter eagles.. been a few good days here, collection-wise.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Color? 🙂

Ken
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:

Wow, if only they all looked like this.............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    There are a TON of good looking coins in this week's thread.

I agree!! 🙂

Ken
  • Options

• Options

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good grief @crazyhounddog . Your last post (the one after the two gold coins) was like the finale at a 4th of July fireworks display. At the end of the display, they always seem to fire off one stunning fireworks immediately after another. So, too, with your post: One stunning coin immediately after the other!

Mark

• Options

Thank you @Mark
    Much appreciated, Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file