Home Sports Talk
Options

CU sports forum is the best!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best sports forum I've ever come across. Back before I became a member here, I did some searching on the internet to see what was out there, but nothing compares to this forum. It has the best format, and the members here are loyal and awesome!

Comments

• Options

You guys are awesome!

• Options

I'll post here until I'm 100.

I have to get home to see what's going on with the sports forum.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

CU Sports talk has had its ups and downs over the years, there used to be a lot more activity with a bunch of different fans and it got pretty busy especially during MLB and NFL. I used to start a Sox and Patriots thread every year but handed the Sox torch to Al. Matter of fact I’m going to start my Pats thread today I think. Either way I agree it’s a fun place to check in every day with my Morning Coffee and Nicorette gum. Double D I must say you have added so much to this forum over the past 7 months and I definitely appreciate it 👍👍🍻

• Options

JoeStalin, Axtell, Stown, 1970’s, Baseball, DIMEMAN, Lawnmowerman, were all heavy hitters here back in the day.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    CU Sports talk has had its ups and downs over the years, there used to be a lot more activity with a bunch of different fans and it got pretty busy especially during MLB and NFL. I used to start a Sox and Patriots thread every year but handed the Sox torch to Al. Matter of fact I’m going to start my Pats thread today I think. Either way I agree it’s a fun place to check in every day with my Morning Coffee and Nicorette gum. Double D I must say you have added so much to this forum over the past 7 months and I definitely appreciate it 👍👍🍻

Thanks perkdog, you've been here a long time, and I always look forward to reading your posts. You're loyalty to this place has helped keep it going . Never leave buddy!🍻🍻

• Options

I clearly remember the depressing days, waiting for a response on the pro boards sports forums. The days, and weeks passed, but no response to my comments.

• Options

I have opinions on sports, but nobody was out there!

• Options

There was no perkdog or bronco or countdouglas or LarkinCollector! It sucked on the pro boards sports forum!

• Options

The moderators on the pro boards sports forum were beasts, they were beasts I say! And comedy over there was met with harsh discipline!

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah some really fun guys have come and gone. Stone checks in but he doesn’t post any more. He’s kinda moved on. Pandera (sp) His tag line was I’d hit it was a beast. Just go back and look at the Graded Set forum and look at threads still running 10 years and see the names. But like everything sometimes we think it was better in the “old” days but really it’s still pretty good today. Just a little less “perkies” but all in all I checked it 2-3 times a day.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2020 1:10PM

If you're talking about stone193, the last time I saw him was in the trading card section and that was a while back. I hope he is doing ok.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2020 1:13PM

What it's like on pro boards sports forum....

Oh shut up Wilson, the Cowboys won't make the playoffs!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    If you're talking about stone193, the last time I saw him was in the trading card section and that was a while back. I hope he is doing ok.

He was logged in less than 10 minutes ago under one of his accounts.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

He was logged in less than 10 minutes ago under one of his accounts.

Dang, that is insane! I'm glad to know he's still around.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it here because it pays $25 per post. At least that's what somebody told me when i joined, i don't recall who it was.

I still haven't received any check yet, but the amount owed is $596,625 as of this post. 💰

• Options

@perkdog said:
    JoeStalin, Axtell, Stown, 1970’s, Baseball, DIMEMAN, Lawnmowerman, were all heavy hitters here back in the day.

Last i heard they banded together and bought a XFL franchise, i'm not sure of the city.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

The first time there was a CU card collecting member of the year voted by other members, Mike won hands down. It might have been unanimous, if not it was close to it, and Mike well deserved it.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

The first time there was a CU card collecting member of the year voted by other members, Mike won hands down. It might have been unanimous, if not it was close to it, and Mike well deserved it.

Didn’t need to add the 193. Everyone that’s anyone knows Mike. 😆

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2020 6:28PM

I have to give a shout out to galaxy again for his kindness and generosity. He's one of the best people here for sure. For anyone who doesn't already know, galaxy sent me an autographed James "Buster" Douglas boxing glove as a surprise gift. I had no idea he was going to do that. Thanks galaxy, buddy! You're awesome! LarkinCollector also has a big heart and has sent me cards as gifts before. Thanks Larkin! You're awesome also!

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020 6:28PM

I talked to our great friend Mike (aka Stone) about two weeks ago. He's trying to do up the 2020 Heritage base and SP set. He's just not a fan of the forum or forums in general right now. We've all been there. I left for 11 years. Looking forward to his (WISHING) eventual return.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

Lawnmowerman is taking a break right now also.

Oh, wherefore art thou forum Lawnmowerman?

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know anyone here. Never talked to anybody or emailed outside of the PMs here.

I just know though that I'd tumble for DD anytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwb9-OlQimc

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I agree. I'm new here but this place is fun!.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    LarkinCollector also has a big heart and has sent me cards as gifts before. Thanks Larkin! You're awesome also!

Nah, I'm mostly like a certain Dennis Leary song from No Cure For Cancer ...

• Options
    edited August 5, 2020 9:03PM

@Horse and @LarkinCollector

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

Glad to hear Mike is doing well, I didn’t realize he was taking a break. He wasn’t a huge Sports talk guy, mostly Card talk for him. Definitely one of the nicest guys at CU

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I like it here because it pays $25 per post. At least that's what somebody told me when i joined, i don't recall who it was.

I still haven't received any check yet, but the amount owed is $596,625 as of this post. 💰

I think if you forward it then you get a check from Bill Gates

• Options

@stevek said:

I just looked and found out I have seniority over you, my join date was 4/16/04 to your 6/26/04. Maybe that’s why I received my check and it cleared 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    edited August 6, 2020 6:13AM

I wish I would get a check, I could move into a better home. As it stands, if I want home improvement information, I have to watch This Ol Box.

• Options

😂😂😂

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020 7:38PM

@perkdog said:
    CU Sports talk has had its ups and downs over the years, there used to be a lot more activity with a bunch of different fans and it got pretty busy especially during MLB and NFL. I used to start a Sox and Patriots thread every year but handed the Sox torch to Al. Matter of fact I’m going to start my Pats thread today I think. Either way I agree it’s a fun place to check in every day with my Morning Coffee and Nicorette gum. Double D I must say you have added so much to this forum over the past 7 months and I definitely appreciate it 👍👍

You passed the Pats thread to me and for the second year in a row I started it. You've been posting on it for weeks. B) 😂😂😂😂

Edit to add: but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. 🤷