Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Michael Jordan star rookie

Flas76Flas76 Posts: 4

Want to know if anyone on here knows if this fake or real? The REB acronym on the back is right the black line is right below the stats is right too. Also jordan doesnt look bald like in some of the reprints you see out there. Was wondering what else I can look for. Thanks

Comments

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

Color looks a little too red to me. Can you scan it with out cutting off the right side? Tough to tell if the border looks too wide or not without seeing both sides

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 5:44PM

Need to see more but my first impression it’s pretty grainy. Could be the photo but...I also see a dot matrix. Still could be the photo but...

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Here’s a real one still bagged in Hunts Auctions up right now for reference.

• Heres a better picture. Thanks for the help appreciate

• Better picture of the back

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flas76 said:
    Was wondering what else I can look for.

Whether it's in a BGS holder or not. If not, there's almost always a reason. This is not a card you are likely to magically find at a discount raw.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@Flas76 said:
    Was wondering what else I can look for.

Whether it's in a BGS holder or not. If not, there's almost always a reason. This is not a card you are likely to magically find at a discount raw.

...and it's centered. very seldom to you see this card centered this well.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

No expert but looks just like my fake copy.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 6:48PM

you are asking for opinions so i'll give you mine: use your head.

like ld said, this centering on this card is an outlier. this dude would walk barefoot over a bed of hot embers to get this bad boy graded if it was legit.

but he didn't.

there's your answer.

edit: i'm no expert on this card, but i've read and heard that you should pay close attention to the guy touching Quintin Dailey's elbow. the one in the Hunts Auction looks like a normal fan observing the action.................the one you're asking about looks like someone straight out of a horror flick.

• 19591959 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

The crowd in the background all look blurred.

• Thanks for your help. I bought a freinds old card collection hank aaron rc montana and rice rookie card etc. He just wanted to get rid of them. I never heard of this card till I googled it and dont think he knew what this card was worth that's why it's not graded and that's why I was wondering about it. Thanks again for your help

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake-a-rooni.

Arthur

• SammyCSammyC Posts: 112 ✭✭

i think even if u found a Star Jordan in a bag, it could still be fake (that's what I heard)

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wichita-Eagle bubblegum-less is his true rookie. And harder to fake.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭