Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

$30 card for $300?

I bought this card for 30 bucks Just a couple of months ago! Am I missing something? Not complaining, but....

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 11:44AM

Aaron Judge is on fire. He's homered in five straight games.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold so many Judge PSA 10s so cheap. Oh well I did move a base Topps for $230 on myslabs yesterday am. With all the "investors" nowadays in the market for 10s it makes no sense to sell anything until it pops.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingBen Welcome to crazy town.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

That does seem a bit outrageous. Looks like a good invest.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guy is lighting it back up after a hard crash.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2020 7:31PM

@KingBen said:
    Am I missing something? Not complaining, but....

Yes. The last 6 games and sportcenters.

You should see what i've done on Kyle Lewis cards.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 8:17PM

seems like an anomaly, as the two other ones (one before and one after that one) did $150ish

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    seems like an anomaly, as the two other ones (one before and one after that one) did $150ish

Both of those seem like BINs that sellers where caught in the same situation as OP. lowest BIN i see is $250.

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Can’t wait to see a FULL season..... 100 home run year? 😆 he’s a straight up animal!!!! He’s not even human.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

seems like an anomaly, as the two previous ones around it did $150ish> @blurryface said:

@dictoresno said:

Both of those seem like BINs that sellers where caught in the same situation as OP. lowest BIN i see is $250.

asking for and getting are two different things. two refractors version went for just under $200 via best offer over the past few days. find it funny a base version would go for $100 over that. however, its an auction....anything is possible.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    seems like an anomaly, as the two previous ones around it did $150ish> @blurryface said:

@dictoresno said:

asking for and getting are two different things. two refractors version went for just under $200 via best offer over the past few days. find it funny a base version would go for $100 over that. however, its an auction....anything is possible.

People don’t always see everything that’s available... lack of knowledge on how to fully use the search tool? But a guy I know just told me he bought one for $100 buy it now, then seller tells him he meant to update the price... lol so those listings can totally be sellers having no clue, and not updating their prices, and buyers not fully searching everywhere.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2020 10:48PM

@dictoresno said:

@dictoresno said:

you may want to re-sight your scopes. we are in the day and age of base cards being king and treated like stocks w today's stock, gary-v, investment "collectors".

refractors and low numbered parallels will always carry a premium but the percentages between base 10s and the hits is closing quickly. hell, they aren't even referred to as "base" cards anymore. they are now being lovingly called "bass" cards now, i $h!t you not.

the younger generation would rather have 10 bass gems than your /250 refractor. seriously.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2020 10:16AM

@blurryface said:

@dictoresno said:

@dictoresno said:

you may want to re-sight your scopes. we are in the day and age of base cards being king and treated like stocks w today's stock, gary-v, investment "collectors".

refractors and low numbered parallels will always carry a premium but the percentages between base 10s and the hits is closing quickly. hell, they aren't even referred to as "base" cards anymore. they are now being lovingly called "bass" cards now, i $h!t you not.

the younger generation would rather have 10 bass gems than your /250 refractor. seriously.

LOL....

Like the Curry Topps RC? 😆

Heck... or the Lebron base going for a million dollars smh. These base cards these days are going for serious money!!! Kobe base Topps in PSA 10, and so on.

Let’s not forget the Trout base 2011 Bowman Chrome in PSA 10....

• Options

Never mind.

A good bit have already sold between $800 - $900 last night.

Not even quoting PWCC or Probstein auctions, either.

Pure mayhem.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I go to Ebay, I see an Uncle Rick auction. It's Uncle Rick mania right now. Uncle Rick is everywhere, all the time.

• Options

@dictoresno said:

@dictoresno said:

2017 Judge paper psa 10:

7/31 - plenty sold $100 - $130

8/05 - gobbled up as quickly as they get listed at $250.

Base paper.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or as the younger generation says, "pepper bass".

• Options

@countdouglas said:

more like freebase!

• Options

@countdouglas said:

Are they really? Smh this has to be a joke... anybody YouTube video links so I can get outraged? 😁