Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Baldwins of St. James Auction House

Is anyone having trouble bidding or contacting Baldwins of St. James Auction House?

Customer service has been non-existent lately.

I've contacted them and am still waiting for a reply. Wonder if the virus has anything to do with it.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they many times have had issues in my experience and am only thankful they have nothing on offer of late for me. Buon chance!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

I've picked up some very nice pieces from them, but lately - finding quality is scarce in the sets I'm building. Never had an issue with them until now. I actually like St. James better before the merger with Baldwins.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't found much from them is some time, nor Spink or even DNW....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

Same here and I've been disappointed in the Australian auction houses as well. And my Sweden connection is MIA.

• Options

More dismal customer service out of Baldwin's of St. James. I wonder if they are having serious personnel issues. They are holding auctions, so they are working.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Website sucks.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

That’s because ever since Baldwin’s was sold to Steve Fenton (remember the guy who took the US government to courts over Farouk’s unique 1933 $20? And who sold it 50-50 with Uncle Sam at $8 mil? the very same) it is only Baldwin’s by name.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

@SYRACUSIAN said:
    That’s because ever since Baldwin’s was sold to Steve Fenton (remember the guy who took the US government to courts over Farouk’s unique 1933 $20? And who sold it 50-50 with Uncle Sam at $8 mil? the very same) it is only Baldwin’s by name.

It's a real shame - while I liked Baldwins prior to the sale and I really like St. James before the merger. Now - it's pitiful. There were a few lots that I would of have bid stronger than what eventually won, but because of their incompetence - I did not bid.
    Oh well - there always DNW, Noble, Roxbury and downies to spend my money.