Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Welfare states always work out well. I think I am wasting my time responding to this thread, when I could be buying more ammo and freeze dried foods.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize one party wants more debt and less fiscal responsibility.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Which one?

Yup, this "bailout" is certainly different than those before. As some here have spoken, inflation will result from supply/demand dislocations, moreso than money printing. Nothing like shutting down an economy to create those dislocations. Many goods and services are in short supply.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Which one?

Yup, this "bailout" is certainly different than those before. As some here have spoken, inflation will result from supply/demand dislocations, moreso than money printing. Nothing like shutting down an economy to create those dislocations. Many goods and services are in short supply.

Ditto, which one. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

and I think comparing debt to gdp isn't good. why not tax revenues or just "gov't revenues?"

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

:/

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Also, so does the other party. I don’t think I’ve heard either side talk about fiscal responsibility in at least 8 years.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Also, so does the other party. I don’t think I’ve heard either side talk about fiscal responsibility in at least 8 years.

Yeah. We ought to get rid of the elephant and donkey and just have one big swinefest.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both parties are to blame, they want you to blame one party. Dividing and conquering is a tried and true way to keep the heat off of them and us arguing with each other instead of doing something about it.

"Its one big club and you ain't in it!" -George Carlin

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both parties are to blame, they want you to blame one party. Dividing and conquering is a tried and true way to keep the heat off of them and us arguing with each other instead of doing something about it.

I totally agree - I'm a diehard Conservative and I remember back in 2008, I called the Office of my Republican Congressman and told his staff member that I swore a Holy Oath that I would never vote for his boss again because he rolled over on TARP. (As an aside, he lost a primary for South Carolina Governor in 2010 but the Deep State gave him a cushy job).

Now, the Virus bailouts make TARP look like pocket change. Where does it end? With a Federal Debt of $26.5 Trillion and counting, it can't go on forever.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA