Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1960’s Buffalo Bills Bobblehead

Didn’t have one of these as a kid and for some reason just couldn’t pass up this. I just think it’ll look cool on my shelf. Head attached and it’s in fair condition compared to others I’ve seen on eBay. This one was 1/3 the price. I’m no expert so please experts chime in and show em if you got em.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wee Bills Bobble
    BUT THEY DON'T FALL DOWN

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020 8:01PM

Thanks to this thread, I will be picking up one of these beauties. It's a Joe Louis bobblehead!

Look at the little guy, isn't he just adorable!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a bobblehead expert. I don't own any "vintage" bobbleheads. I don't own any Bills bobbleheads. If that's what you're looking for, then I can't contribute to this thread.

I do have 60-70 different bobbleheads, mostly Royals Stadium Giveaways that I've gotten through the years, starting in the early 2000's when those promotions really took off across MLB.

Besides Royals, I have a couple Chiefs players, some KC Monarchs, a Larry Bird, a San Diego Chicken and The Padres Swingin' Friar. I get that bobbleheads aren't for everyone, but I have eclectic tastes when it comes to collecting sports related items. I tend to zig where others zag.

Here are my latest pickups. As a Royals season ticket holder, they have a benefit where you can purchase "guaranteed giveaway packages" where they box up all of the stadium giveaways that year and ship them directly to your home. This allows you to avoid waiting in rediculous lines, or allows you to sell your tickets to games with the premium giveaways at a big markup, or you can attend and get the additional items if you're within the allotted attendance. Anyway, these 2 were scheduled to be early season giveaways, and arrived yesterday.

The (W)Hit King has a manual counter on the base to keep track of his season hit total, if you choose.

The Soler Power has a battery in the base and a switch to turn on the light. One photo is taken with a camera flash, the other is not, and in that photo you can see just how bright it is.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

countdouglas, Exactly what I wanted was to start a thread to show everyone's bobbleheads and see if anyone else had any 1960's bobbleheads. I've seen the Bills sell in worse condition than mine for $150. I've seen barely good examples at $500+.
    I paid $45 for mine so I think I did ok. Your KC bobbleheads are cool, especially the solar powered one. Maybe I'll find a 1960's Bills one with solar power too. ;)

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Ok then, here we go...

A Bo Jackson depicting him breaking a bat over his helmet. It was given away at Fanfest for a $35 donation to Royals Charities. I haven't priced it lately, but you couldn't buy one for under $100 on eBay the last time I looked.

• Options

San Diego (Famous) Chicken and the Swingin' Friar.

• Options

Sluggerrr. This one fluctuates wildly in price, and rarely surfaces on eBay, but can sell between $600 and $1,000. It was given away in 2002, only to kids 12 or 14 and under, and limited to 5,000 I think. You'll see them pop up in the thrift stores broken or damaged, as kids did what kids do, played with them.

• Options

Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes, and some smaller 2" inch bobbles of them, too.

• Options

Larry Legend

• Options

Supposedly, only 175 of these bobbleheads were made, and only sold in the team store at Kauffman Stadium. I doubt very many are also autographed.

• Options

This is a stock photo of a 2019 stadium giveaway. It is an homage to your 1960s style of bobbles. I do have this one, just not a photo of mine in it's natural habitat.

• Options

Buck O'Neil and Satchel Paige.

• Options

Most of the rest...

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

• Options

@sayheywyo said:

Nice Willie. Not what you want to hear in the men’s room. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@countdouglas said:
    Supposedly, only 175 of these bobbleheads were made, and only sold in the team store at Kauffman Stadium. I doubt very many are also autographed.

Nice!!

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

Was a charging Brett bobblehead ever made to denote the pine tar bat incident?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Yes. It's in one of the group photos, but here's a close-up.

The Royals minor league team in Omaha had a promotion where they gave away a Pine Tar themed Brett in a similar charging pose, but it was not a bobblehead, but rather a "bobble-arm", where both arms had spring action. I do not have that one.