Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Sold - thanks.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 29, 2020 10:31AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Exclusive to the BST - Beautiful design by Dan Carr struck over a 1928 US Saint. Only 23 were made - see the Carr pop report below - $2100 delivered, fee free payment - cheaper than a $20 Saint at APMEX (Price 7/29/20 at 6AM PST).

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually think only 19 were minted. I have one and it is wicked cool

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

m

Pop report suggests 19 with smooth edge - 23 struck on $20 Saints so they have the edge lettering - is that not correct?

L

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    m

Pop report suggests 19 with smooth edge - 23 struck on $20 Saints so they have the edge lettering - is that not correct?

L

Maybe you’re right. I’m now scratching my head

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

My understanding is that if you supplied the double eagle and submitted $400 with it then you would receive the above imaged piece and that there were 23-struck that way and that these pieces have their stars still on the edge, but flattened somewhat. However, if you wanted a piece struck on a 0.999 planchet then you would receive a piece with a smooth edge that was hallmarked.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson