Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA QA Check #2 question

Hello all! I have a submission question. I submitted a 200 card bulk modern submission in late February and it went to QA check 2 about a month ago and has stayed there. Strange as I have another 200 card bulk modern submission from late January that is still in Research & ID. Just curious as to what would cause the "pause" in QA check 2. The only I thing I can think of is that there may be a card that has two versions (say an error card?) that I did not catch? This is not a complaint as this may be just due to Covid/short staffing issues and/or checking on a last minute "glitch" but for most of my modern submissions the QA check 2 wait is usually only a few days.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any knowledge in this area.

Comments

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is safe to say that they are not actually working on the order for the duration of each processing stage, but rather, that there are separate backlogs in each department. The graders have their own backlog, but so do the assembly personnel, the QA/QC people, etc. The wait time within each stage will always vary. I've had orders get through Assembly or Q1 or Q2 quickly, and I've had orders that take five or six months within just a single stage, let alone the time for the other stages for the same order. You never know how long it will be, but if there was a glitch, they would contact you.

• Appreciate the response! Makes sense about the separate backlogs in each department, just anxious like everyone else to see grades. Crazy coincidence, about 10 minutes after posting, I received the "Review your Order" e-mail for my January submission, which has now moved from Research & ID to grading!