Home Sports Talk
Options

Fox Sports radio doesn't hold back

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2020 12:29PM in Sports Talk

Wow, the guys on Fox Sports news radio programs don't hold back when they hit the air. Colin Cowherd and Rob Parker just let it fly. Here are some of their comments the past few weeks.

Rob Parker on the left and Colin Cowherd on the right.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 28, 2020 12:21PM

Colin Cowherd says Bills QB Josh Allen isn't even a top 200 NFL player and is overrated.
    https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-07-27-colin-cowherd-josh-allen-is-most-overrated-player-on-nfl-top-100-rankings/

• Options
    edited July 28, 2020 12:25PM
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2020 12:35PM
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stopped watching sports talk on the radio and tv years ago, it gets too political and grossly opinionated just to get more publicity.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I stopped watching sports talk on the radio and tv years ago, it gets too political and grossly opinionated just to get more publicity.

Yes, and they will say just about anything to gain ratings.

• Options

Just the sight of Colin Cowherd annoys me.

• Options

And Rob Parker...

• Options

They pay these guys huge money to give opinionated political and social views rather than talk about their SPORTS opinions and real stories regarding trades, contracts or which team is straight up better and why. I often wonder how much they need to agree with the producers views on non sports issues to get air time and stay employed. Like in the interview do they literally ask them which side of the political fence they stand on? It’s got to be illegal to give preference to someone who’s political views side with the producers, no different than age, sex or racial discrimination I would think? Either way I just enjoy the GAME itself, I channel surf during pregame shows and halftime, it’s too annoying.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    And Rob Parker...

Foot in mouth? Lol but honestly I’d rather listen to that than social/political nonsense

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    And Rob Parker...

Foot in mouth? Lol but honestly I’d rather listen to that than social/political nonsense

Personally I hate politics. I'll be 38 in December, and I've never voted! 😂😂

• Options
    edited July 28, 2020 3:15PM

I don't even know how the voting process works.😂😂

• Options

But you're right, the politics has no place in the sports shows, they should just stick to giving their opinions on sports.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't stand cowherd.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rob Parker is an idiot. He once called RG3 "a cornball brother" because...not black enough or something?

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

When there were actual sports being played, the FOX overnight guys were pretty good - Jason Smith and "Myyyyy Besssssttttt Friend" Mike Harmon.

Ben Maller "In the Air...EVVVVRYWHERE" was slightly above "OK".

The early morning show "Outkick the Coverage", now shortened to just "Outkick" with Clay Travis was already hard to listen to with sports going on, but he's been the biggest tool in the box at FOX for about 5 months now. I actually have had to switch the settings on my radio because of him.

I don't really ever catch any of Cowherd or Parker.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember back in the 90s i used to love the fabulous sports babe. so much fun hearing the "rich boy on a car phone" call in and when friday rolled around it was always time to throw some shrimp on the barbi

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020 5:43PM

On local radio my favorites were Hacksaw Hamilton and Joe McDonnell (he weighed 700 lbs).

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

AFLfan isn't Hacksaw one of your homies?