Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow on the 08' Gators

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a lot of debate about who the greatest college football team is of all time, and a lot of people seem to believe it was the 08' Florida Gators. This is Tim Tebow's take on the 08' Gators.

WARNING: You have to remember, we're scraping the bottom of the barrell for sports stories, so this interview is just a little something to watch while you're eating a samich or perhaps a cookie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqdHkW0BGA

Comments

• Options

If you care to comment on who you believe to be the greatest college football team of all time, feel free to do so. I remember watching the 08' Gators only loss that year. They lost to Ole Miss by 1 point. I remember that game very clearly, because Ole Miss blocked what would have been the game tying extra point. Florida had one more chance, when they were on the Ole Miss 32 yard line, but Tim Tebow was stuffed on a fourth and 1, which was shocking because Tebow was known for his running ability in college. After that game, Tebow made his famous "promise" in which he promised to work harder than anybody to not lose again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4VxVoYvqOw

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greatest College team ever? Hmmmmmmn. I will need to give this some serious thought, but off the top of my head these current Alabama and Clemson teams have to be in the conversation?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mid 90s Nebraska teams were dominating. I would put them up against anyone.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited July 28, 2020 5:24AM

That 95' Nebraska team was ridiculous good. They were unbeaten and averaged 53.2 points a game, and they crushed the number 2 ranked Florida Gators in the title game by a score of 62-24

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Greatest College team ever? Hmmmmmmn. I will need to give this some serious thought, but off the top of my head these current Alabama and Clemson teams have to be in the conversation?

Definately, Alabama has had an unbelievable run with Nick Saban, they're like the New England Patriots of college football with all of those titles they've won.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020 4:51PM

2001 Miami Hurricanes - 12-0 national champions. 17 1st round NFL draft picks, 38 overall picks. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Willis McGahee, Vince Wilfork, Jonathan Vilma, and a whole bunch more. That team was ridiculously loaded.

Either them or last year's LSU team.

• Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

I have always thought that the 1995 Gator team was probably the best Gator team ever, and they got their doors blown off by that 1995 Nebraska team.