Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA wax pack grading/submission question

Per the PSA site it's currently 100+ days for submissions to be completed? Is this correct and if so, why? I mean I know EVERYTHING is delayed these days but you'd think packs would take no more time (or even less time) than cards as I'd think that wax packs are a relatively small percentage of overall submissions.

Also, did I read here sometime ago that PSA improved the wax pack holder so the gum does not move around to the point it pokes holes through the wrapper?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packs take longer because they are first shipped to Steve for authentication before being shipped back to PSA for grading.

The holders are better now than they were years ago at preventing wrapper tears from loose gum in transit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Just notified my 3 unopened wax packs are being shipped after sent mid December 2019!
    I know we had the Chinese virus but this is still ridiculous

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are 3 of my orders. They received them in January.
    2/18/2020 N/A View Details 2 1959 and Prior
    2/18/2020 N/A View Details 4 1960 - 1971
    2/18/2020 N/A View Details 2 1972 - Present, High Value
    Still waiting.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turnaround time now is about 8 months.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually asked Steve about it. I was hoping I could buy something from him, have him wrap it, and then I'd send it to PSA, and they wouldn't need to authenticate it, if since Steve had wrapped it and I didn't change it. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Like TIm said, they send it back to Steve regardless. It's kind of a crazy process honestly, and no surprise that packs take forever to get graded.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman