Home Precious Metals

Is It Time to Start Selling ?

2»

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the PM Forum, Goldenage. I tend to agree with your assessment. I felt somewhat the same way in 1979.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    I may be in the minority, but I believe a new age of gold prices is evolving right before our eyes. The new norm will be the $2500 range for gold. The age of the hundreds gave ways to the thousands. Now the age of one thousand will give way to the two thousands. I believe $2000 plus gold is being established right before our eyes and will never look back.

It will most probably overshoot $2500 significantly.

When it is going up the fastest it's a good time to unload a little on a continuing basis and buy back when it falls under $2500. If there is any significant inflation then the new norm could be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than $2500.

All investment is a risk now days and everybody should have some money in gold and most younger people should have some silver as well.

Tempus fugit.
  • dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

After the Friday close, and before the Sunday open, dumped a lot of silver. After fees, 60% profit. Still have a lot left. Felt bad for the buyers late Monday, but it will be back up.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont feel bad for the buyers, just good for yourself.

I bought 52K dollars worth of gold from a customer who had been on the fence about selling, I told him sat when he unloaded the silver portion, dont be afraid to take a profit, youll never call the top, and youll never call the bottom.
    he came back monday am with the gold, I left the shop and drove straight thru to the melt man, and sold it that night, (along with everything else from the store) thankfully. This is my third rodeo. 79-80, 2011-12 and now

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 8:01PM

I'm selling into this latest boom to buy Austin investment properties, even though PMs have been volatile lately, to say the least. I will do well even if it dips some more, in accordance with my belief that it's just fine to "leave some slop in the trough for the next hog."

I'll keep favorite numismatic gold, and 70 graded bullion stuff to continue the ride.