Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

2009 Series A $100 bill

JennyzJennyz Posts: 6
edited July 26, 2020 3:27PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Just got this out of an ATM machine and thought I better inquire about it before I spend it! Lowest serial number that I've ever had, anyway! Your thoughts and knowledge are certainly appreciated!

Comments

• Options

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2020 3:33PM

Low,yes,but not low enough to have any additional value.Generally speaking, a serial number below 1000 is considered "low".That stated, often a 4 digit serial number can add a small amount of value over face but the note would need to be uncirculated or darn close to it.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree completely with @numbersman .

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth $100 and going down every day.

• Options
    okiegirlokiegirl Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

How about this one? Keep or spend?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@okiegirl said:
    How about this one? Keep or spend?

I'd keep it !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Good low serial number and a star to boot! Keeper!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup! Four zeros and a star makes for a keeper. Nice find. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to the star note look up site to check the print run number. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    okiegirlokiegirl Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Go to the star note look up site to check the print run number. Peace Roy

Run size 640,000. I'm keeping it!