Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Poor Registration

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it typical that poor registration like this is not penalized by PSA?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

That should be (and usually is) taken into account for the overall grade.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a group of 74 9s that I assumed was a blurry scanner when I bought them but the registration is off on all of them. Didn’t pay a lot and kept them because the scans were accurate that I received. I am not sure what PSA is supposed to do if something isn’t bad enough for them to give a PD but is off a bit.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the first thing I notice every single time. That Mays is extreme, kill it with fire. :D

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

didn't they used to have an OF (out of focus) designation?

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I like your picture better than the one being used on eBay right now with the BIN price. That registration is really off -- I wonder if their standards now would knock that down a notch -- or apply some qualifier?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    didn't they used to have an OF (out of focus) designation?

Yes, they did, but it's very rarely used now. Haven't seen that qualifier in a very long time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is not a pretty card.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020 3:27PM

@DotStore said:
    I like your picture better than the one being used on eBay right now with the BIN price. That registration is really off -- I wonder if their standards now would knock that down a notch -- or apply some qualifier?

That’s one of the benefits of PSA’s “Auction Prices Realized” tool...when current eBay auctions have a crappy scan you can sometimes find a better one from a past auction of the same card.

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right off the PSA website
    Kind of funny . . . another 72 Topps