Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A Friendly Reminder for Mercury Dime Folks.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just To Let You Know.......

Comments

• Options
        That I am......
          1. Options
            You are what?
            TC
          2. Options
            Always Looking for Dimes Like These !!!!!
                  imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
                1. Options
                  Aw Tony :
                    You Got in There Before I got Doneimageimage
                  1. Options
                    I've always loved Mercs and am doing the 20th Century Type Set to see what I like best...it's still Mercs. I'm really getting bored with my Lincolns... Can I play too?
                  2. Options
                    Sorry Ken!image

Nice coins though! The 36-d looks like it has awsome color!

Picked up a couple of coins at the expo today and thought about your profound wisdom! I saw a 27 63FB and thought if it wasn't too much it could hold the spot till I find (and can afford) something nicer. When I looked it over it looks upgradable no problem coin! So I bought it! Happy I did cause up moved up a few in the reg. Also picked up a 39 66FB and 37-d 65FB (old holder PQ).imageimageimageimage

TC
                    TC
                  3. Options
                    TerpsRock:
                      You Bet......New Mercury Dime Collectors Here are Always WELCOME.image
                        Tony:
                          I still have not Decided if those 39P FB Coins are worth the Money they Command. It is Sort of like the 35S that You See for $350 to $450+ everywhere. I finally Broke Down on the 35S but Paid Less Than $300 for it which is what I think is More Fair.
                            The 36D is Just a AWESOME LOOKING COIN IMO. Its a Ebay Reject that No One Bid On. It Was Cheap.....Real Cheap.
                              Hey if I knew How to Type You would not have Beat Me to the Last Post. My 2 Finger Style is Slow.imageimageimage
                                Ken
                              1. Options
                                keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
                                TerpsRock,

Don't tell anybody I said this, but those SLQ's are nice, especially the Type 1's. Don't let the Merc collectors fool you into thinking that the Merc dime is the coolest piece in the 20th Century set. image
                                Keith ™

2. Options
                                Agreed we all know the Standing Liberty Quarter is the most beautiful 20th Century coin, maybe even the 19th to.
                                Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
                              3. Options
                                Walking Liberty is pretty nice too.
                                Keith ™

4. Options
                                DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I've always said, "Mercs., Walkers and SLQ's are THE 3 BEST designs ever". Period, end of discussion.

Ken, nice coins!!!!

Jon
                              5. Options
                                CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                Ken,
                                I'm going to a show next Friday, and will be on the lookout for toned Mercs. The '25-P that you show above is a fantastic looking coin, and I really like the reverse on your new '36-D.

Terps Rock,
                                We'll be happy to welcome you to the Merc crowd. I think that in the future, you'll be glad you started a set. There are a lot of under-appreciated dates in that series.

Bill,
                                The Standing Liberty quarter is one of my favorite designs. I have a registry set of them, but still need 17 coins. None of them after 1917 is a FH, but I think some people pay too much to get a little head. image I'll finish some of my other sets first, and then I think the SLQ's will be the last set that I collect by date and MM. I'll then turn my attention to the type set, which should keep me busy until after I'm retired.

Jim
                                Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                              6. Options
                                You Guys Would have Loved the SLQ I saw Today. Same Tone as the First Dime Here but not Complete Rim Tone. If it would have been in a PCGS Slab the Picture would Be Up Here Right Now. 1917 Type 1, a Darn Nice Coin. Actually Still thinking about the Coin.
                                  Top Three With Me:..... Mercury Dimes (Hmmm)image...........SLQ's..........Then a Tie Between Pretty Barber Quarters and Barber Halves. Walkers are Pretty but the Allure is Not as Great as the Others mentioned. Adolph for Sure had All Time Most Popular Designs with the Coins of 1916.image
                                1. Options
                                  A nice Type 1 SLQ with tim toning. Would kill for that depending on the grade.
                                  Keith ™

2. Options
                                  ANACS63FH and to Me It Looked Better than 63. A Totally Original Coin. Hey how about the Other SLQ I got to SEE this Week. The Coin had Full Rims and Full Date and Also was Completely Original. The Dealer Only Graded it as a Fine. I Just Might have Talked Him into Sending it to PCGS today. The Date was......1916... Personally I think it Has a Good Shot at Being a VF Coin. The Darn Guy Will Not Sell It. He said "Its a Keeper". I always thought Dealers considered Coins as Just Metal to be Sold !!!!!!image Not this Guy.image
                                3. Options
                                  Ken,

The coolest coin I saw was a 1917 T1 in AU-58 that had Benson like rainbow rim toning all the way. It was AT though. One of the guys at Cline's table at the TNA showed it to me.
                                  Keith ™

4. Options
                                  I agree, I like the SLQ's also, but I'm gonna have to put them at #3 or 4 on my list of faves. And they are:

Mercs
                                  Walkers
                                  SLQ's
                                  Indians

Walkers can just get too darn pricey though!

The tarnished coins are growing on me more lately too (LOL!!! - yeah I know, toned). Funny - we clean it if it's on a tray or a fork we're gonna use and call it dirty...put it on a coin and we like it!

You can truly build a lot of "variety" in the same set using any one of the 1st 3 I listed - colors, blast white, etc...

Rob
                                5. Options
                                  Nice coins, Ken.
                                  May I remind you that you are not the only one lookin' for them colorful "lures!!! LOL image

You and Tony are really posting some nice pics.
                                  Tony,
                                  You really learned fast! image

I'm on a new computer now, and finally got my camera working. My pics are too large to post though. Any tips on how I can down-size them to fit?
                                  Got a lot to learn!!! image

edited to add:

Welcome Terpsrock. The more the merrier in the Merc ranks! imageimageimage

and I'll agree w/dubya dubya... SLQs ROCK!!!

Regards,

Don

Sweetly Toned Winged Liberty, and
                                  FULL Heads RULE!
                                6. Options
                                  Don

I have cut the picture size down by resampling at a lower resolution within photoshop. Here is a circulated 26s with many colors and a true to life image.

TC
                                  TC
                                7. Options
                                  littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
                                  I've seen better.image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
                                  -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
                                8. Options
                                  "I've seen better."

lw,

I'm sure we've all seen better!!!

We just don't feel the need to post such dribble just to hawk coins!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

FULL Heads RULE!
                                9. Options
                                  LW, didn't I warn you about Merc collectors?

You're treading on very thin ice here.
                                  Keith ™

10. Options
                                  LW

We have all seen better.
                                  Most of the time it is done by professional photographers or people using professional (costly) equipment. I suggest until YOU can DO better using ordinary household utensils, you keep your negative comments to yourself!image

Unless it is constructive criticism, of course!

TC
                                  (cousin Tony Merc Cartel)
                                  TC
                                11. Options
                                  Hmmm....are a Couple of Other People Also Recognizing a Certain Person for What he Really Is ?? Enough Said as I Do Not want to be Negative Toward a Young Collector ?? I am Assuming He Is a Collector.image
                                    Ken