doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Help!!

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

A rash.

No football causes a rash!!

It itches, help!!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂 I have not developed a rash but I feel ya Double D! I miss it too!! It doesn’t bother me that there won’t be a preseason though 🤷‍♂️

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    😂😂😂 I have not developed a rash but I feel ya Double D! I miss it too!! It doesn’t bother me that there won’t be a preseason though 🤷‍♂️

I don't care about preseason either, if we don't have a regular season, then I'm just going to stay bombed drunk!!

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

College probably won't happen. NFL probably will (but without fans)

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Preseason has never had much interest from me. But when it counts I am ALL in. I really can't wait.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Preseason has never had much interest from me. But when it counts I am ALL in. I really can't wait.

Same here

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2020 2:32PM

I will be all in for The preseason too. Just two games to scout out the rookies and new additions. Buffalo stacked the #2 defense with 7 quality players, (even though 10 starters return) and Stephon Diggs again with 10 starters returning. Every coach from last year gives Buffalo a 4 game advantage to start the season. This wasn’t the off season to make whole sale changes, but who knew right?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

21 day, 3 weeks until opening day. There is no smack talk, no friendly or unfriendly banter. No predictions. Crickets. Everyone worries they might jinx it? The NFL will play a full season. No way they let other sports dominate their normal TV time.
    So let’s have some predictions, smack, anything NFL.
    My predictions. Last year not so good.
    2 right, 3 wrong.
    New England under 9.5
    Dallas under 10
    San Francisco under 10.5
    Lock of the year Cincinnati under 5.5
    Josh Allen top 3 for MVP

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

No BIG TEN means no football for me this year. Dusting off my bowling balls right now.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2020 7:01AM

So far MLB and NBA has had low tv ratings.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs again of course.
    And I'm hoping when 2020 panini prizm comes out the Joe Burrow isn't
    priced really high right from the start. If the Bengals would just sit him for
    a year like the Chiefs did with Mahomes I would have time to load up.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I will be all in for The preseason too. Just two games to scout out the rookies and new additions. Buffalo stacked the #2 defense with 7 quality players, (even though 10 starters return) and Stephon Diggs again with 10 starters returning. Every coach from last year gives Buffalo a 4 game advantage to start the season. This wasn’t the off season to make whole sale changes, but who knew right?

I will be keeping an eye on Buffalo this year. They should be very good! I hope Diggs has a great season.

Not as excited about "my" Vikings, defense has lost several starters and had what looked like a nice pickup in Michael Pierce, won't play this year because of covid. He has opted out because he suffers from asthma. Does anyone know if he could be reinstated if a "cure" is found or covid subsides?

In addition there seems to be a possible contract issue with our gifted, but often injured, running back Dalvin Cook, and as usual a LOT of uncertainty with the offensive line.

On a positive note; 1st round pick WR Justin Jefferson has been getting great comments on his potential impact on offense.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

I will be keeping an eye on Buffalo this year. They should be very good! I hope Diggs has a great season.

Not as excited about "my" Vikings, defense has lost several starters and had what looked like a nice pickup in Michael Pierce, won't play this year because of covid. He has opted out because he suffers from asthma. Does anyone know if he could be reinstated if a "cure" is found or covid subsides?

In addition there seems to be a possible contract issue with our gifted, but often injured, running back Dalvin Cook, and as usual a LOT of uncertainty with the offensive line.

On a positive note; 1st round pick WR Justin Jefferson has been getting great comments on his potential impact on offense.

I think the Vikings win the division. Might be decided Week 15 vs the Saints. I think 10 wins with the Packers at 9.
    Minnesota got a bucket full of draft choices for Diggs. I think it’s a win-win. Can’t draft a #1 proven star with the 26th pick. Some of those other picks Buffalo got from previous trades. Minnesota gets to draft more talent.
    What if Green Bay struggles early say 3-5. Do we see Jordan Love if the season looks bleak?

W.C.Fields
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

I think the Vikings win the division. Might be decided Week 15 vs the Saints. I think 10 wins with the Packers at 9.
    Minnesota got a bucket full of draft choices for Diggs. I think it’s a win-win. Can’t draft a #1 proven star with the 26th pick. Some of those other picks Buffalo got from previous trades. Minnesota gets to draft more talent.
    What if Green Bay struggles early say 3-5. Do we see Jordan Love if the season looks bleak?

PLEASE beat the Patriots for the division. It seems like they have won it 20 consecutive years.

The NFC Central division could be interesting;

Chicago has QB issues. I worry about Foles taking over and having a good year, he has done it in the past. With a great defense they could win the division.
    Green Bay looks like the team to beat to me. If Rodgers uses the drafting of Love to motivate him, they will probably win it easily.
    I can only hope that Rodgers loses his mind over the draft pick and he takes the Packers down the toilet.
    Detroit is Detroit, they seem to find ways to lose games.
    Minnesota has lost several key defensive players and Diggs. Cook is a superb back.....when healthy. Our back up RB looks good, Mattison. Cousins needs a clean pocket, and the offensive line has been below average to average for several years. They need Elflein to live up to his draft spot and a back up to play one of the other guard spots. The Vikings drafted 2 Offensive Tackles maybe one can play guard.

If the Vikings can't run the ball and/or get behind early in games........it could be a LONG season.

Getting a couple of mid round picks in the Diggs trade is not that exciting to me, those guys usually end up getting cut or at best back ups or special team guys.

Diggs was worth a 1st rounder IF he decides he likes it in Buffalo. He is a special talent! If he doesn't, you won't like the trade at all. He can be a head case.

How about a Minnesota Buffalo Super Bowl? Neither team has won it. BOTH deserve one!

LET'S GO!!!!!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Getting a couple of mid round picks in the Diggs trade is not that exciting to me, those guys usually end up getting cut or at best back ups or special team guys.

Diggs was worth a 1st rounder IF he decides he likes it in Buffalo. He is a special talent! If he doesn't, you won't like the trade at all. He can be a head case.

How about a Minnesota Buffalo Super Bowl? Neither team has won it. BOTH deserve one!

Buffalo received mid rounders in trade. They come in handy. Minnesota might use them to move up or trade.
    Cook assured the fans he will play this year regardless of his contract.
    Cousins is a top 10 QB and his only dug is he can’t win on Monday night, until he does and all will be forgotten. His stats match up with almost every elite QB.
    Phil Michelson had the same label. Can’t win the big one early on. Now it’s a long forgotten label.
    Vikings win the division. I have less faith in Green Bay as the season nears. They have done squat to help Rogers this off season. One thing I’ve learned about the NFL. If you stand pat, the league will pass you by.

W.C.Fields
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Falcons for the bowl, you heard it here first.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have high hopes for my Patriots. I am hoping for growth from Harry.

I havent heard a lot of talk about our old quarterbacks new team?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.