Mike Tyson vs Roy jones jr.

2»

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It went the distance.

• Options

They scored it a draw. Roy Jones saying that it's true what they said about Tyson's strength. Says the body shots really hurt.

I was entertained.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched some of the highlights on youtube this morning. The judges decided it was a draw. Here are some highlights for anyone who didn't see the fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVOPo8MteQ

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was an excellent fight for two 50 year olds fighters.
    They both went the distance which shows great strength and stamina.
    Well done.

• Options

The Jake Paul fight was obviously the best fireworks of the night, he destroyed Nate Robinson, knocked him out cold. Here is the footage of Jake Paul knocking Nate Robinson out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWKvWdIne5M

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was entertained by the fight. Tyson had good speed and power. Lots of ring rust after 15 years. I was surprised he could keep that pace up for the whole fight. Showed good endurance

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

who is jake paul? That youtube idiot?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    who is jake paul? That youtube idiot?

Yes, he is that youtube guy. I had to look him up myself. He also has a brother named Logan Paul who is also a youtuber. Both brothers are boxing, and Jake now wants to fight his own brother and has called him out. Jake has also challenged Conor Macgregor to a fight and says he will kick Conor Macgregors a.. if they fight. Here are both brothers.

• Options

Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko made a promise to their mother that they would never fight eachother, and they never did!!

• Options

Tyson looked to get his sea legs back around round 4. If Jones wasn't clenching maybe Tyson does more damage. Or maybe they agreed before hand to go the distance.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Tyson looked to get his sea legs back around round 4. If Jones wasn't clenching maybe Tyson does more damage. Or maybe they agreed before hand to go the distance.

I was actually glad no one got hurt, Jones was looking worn out a bit, he was huffing and puffing in his corner, but from the highlights I watched, it was a good display from two all time greats.

• Options

It should also be noted, that Jake Paul's brother, Logan Paul, called out Floyd Mayweather jr recently. I truly believe if Logan Paul fought Floyd Mayweather jr, then Logan Paul would be destroyed by Mayweather. Heck, if either one of the Paul brothers fought Mayweather, they would lose. Floyd Mayweather jr is one of the most clever boxers to ever fight, he just knows how to win. He's beat them all, and Mayweather is still the only man to defeat Canelo Alvarez, that just shows you how great Mayweather truly was.

• Options
    edited November 29, 2020 12:57PM

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I was actually glad no one got hurt, Jones was looking worn out a bit, he was huffing and puffing in his corner, but from the highlights I watched, it was a good display from two all time greats.

Tyson definitely developed the upper hand by rd 5. His ability to land combinations was negated by Jones clenching. By rd 8 it seemed like Tyson was tired and they both were content with a decision.

Edit to add: like I said, it took Tyson until rd 4 it seemed to figure it out or get back into fighting rhythm. Rds 5-7 Tyson had a clear advantage, landing good shots. It was great seeing his peek a boo style again.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Tyson definitely developed the upper hand by rd 5. His ability to land combinations was negated by Jones clenching. By rd 8 it seemed like Tyson was tired and they both were content with a decision.

Edit to add: like I said, it took Tyson until rd 4 it seemed to figure it out or get back into fighting rhythm. Rds 5-7 Tyson had a clear advantage, landing good shots. It was great seeing his peek a boo style again.

It makes me miss the past of boxing. The sport is hard to follow these days, I miss watching fighters like Tyson and Jones. They were just phenominal in their prime.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

It makes me miss the past of boxing. The sport is hard to follow these days, I miss watching fighters like Tyson and Jones. They were just phenominal in their prime.

I don't even try to follow it, so I cannot say honestly about how it has changed. I'm mid forties, so I grew up in Tyson's heyday. My dad died when I was 5, but he loved boxing and I was watching boxing with him for those years. Marvin Hagler was my favorite. With youtube, etc I've been able to watch or rewatch a lot of great fights.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I don't even try to follow it, so I cannot say honestly about how it has changed. I'm mid forties, so I grew up in Tyson's heyday. My dad died when I was 5, but he loved boxing and I was watching boxing with him for those years. Marvin Hagler was my favorite. With youtube, etc I've been able to watch or rewatch a lot of great fights.

I'm sorry to hear that about your father, I lost my dad in 2017, it's something you never really get over. Yes, I have to turn to Youtube for my boxing fix a lot as well, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler is one of my all time favorites as well. He was an intimidating beast, and I still love watching his fights. I just watched Hagler vs Hearns not too long ago, that was an all out war.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I'm sorry to hear that about your father, I lost my dad in 2017, it's something you never really get over. Yes, I have to turn to Youtube for my boxing fix a lot as well, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler is one of my all time favorites as well. He was an intimidating beast, and I still love watching his fights. I just watched Hagler vs Hearns not too long ago, that was an all out war.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Hagler Hearns was great.

And here would be a great idea for a thread (maybe 🤪🤣) . .... I'm of the belief that Hagler was never knocked down. His only time on record is vs Roldan. I consider it a slip. I don't know if their is an isolated gif or clip of it.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Hagler Hearns was great.

And here would be a great idea for a thread (maybe 🤪🤣) . .... I'm of the belief that Hagler was never knocked down. His only time on record is vs Roldan. I consider it a slip. I don't know if their is an isolated gif or clip of it.

I'm going to have to start a boxing thread soon, there's just too much great history in boxing not too. Believe it or not, I haven't seen Hagler vs Roldan yet, I'm going to have to check that out, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a slip, Hagler was always in phenomenal shape and always ready to go to war. I would love to have seen Marvin Hagler fight some of the old greats like Ray Robinson or Jake Lamotta. There's a lot of threads online about these types of fantasy matchups, it's quite fascinating stuff to read over.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Hagler Hearns was great.

I'm going to have to start a boxing thread soon, there's just too much great history in boxing not too. Believe it or not, I haven't seen Hagler vs Roldan yet, I'm going to have to check that out, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a slip, Hagler was always in phenomenal shape and always ready to go to war. I would love to have seen Marvin Hagler fight some of the old greats like Ray Robinson or Jake Lamotta. There's a lot of threads online about these types of fantasy matchups, it's quite fascinating stuff to read over.

I was happy for Hagler getting out when he did. And he seems to have done well post boxing career. But having that one knock down on his record is crazy. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Hagler Hearns was great.

I was happy for Hagler getting out when he did. And he seems to have done well post boxing career. But having that one knock down on his record is crazy. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

I just checked it out on youtube, I think he slipped. He has taken harder punches than that and never been knocked down, that wasn't a spectacular punch. I think he lost his footing a bit, he came out very energetic and I think he lost his footing. If that is considered a knockdown, then that is a joke. I don't think that should even be considered when you look at his legacy. That was a joke.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Hagler Hearns was great.

i think the leonard fight was BS !!!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only Pigeon did commentary on the fight, ha.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

NOV 30 WORD OF THE DAY

nate robinson'd

when you're on the wrong end of a savage beatdown.

i told this punk to meet me at the bike racks after school and i nate robinson'd his azz

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 12:39PM

Yes, and now Evander Holyfield has called out Mike Tyson. He wants a piece of Mike Tyson!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/evander-holyfield-responds-mike-tysons-23100134.amp

• Options

He wants a piece of Tyson bad man!

• Options

• Options

I dont care that they are both old, Lets go!!!!

Most interested I have been in boxing in years

• Options

Well, for months Youtuber Logan Paul has been calling out Floyd Mayweather jr, and now he's going to finally get his wish. It's official, Floyd Mayweather jr vs Logan Paul is going to happen.

• Options

can you imagine if Paul got lucky and knocked him out???

• Options

@craig44 said:
    can you imagine if Paul got lucky and knocked him out???

That would be insane, I would be shocked. These Youtube brothers Jake and Logan Paul, have been calling out these boxers for months and months. Antonio Tarver says he wants to rid boxing of these Youtubers, and as a matter of fact, Antonio Tarver wants a piece of Jake Paul. Antonio Tarver is an ex-champion who beat Roy Jones jr twice, and Tarver also played Mason "The Line" Dixon in the movie "Rocky Balboa".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/12/04/antonio-tarver-jake-paul-boxing-fight-challenge-video/

• Options

Holyfield also fought last in 2011, when he beat Brian Nielsen with a 10th-round TKO. The Evander Holyfield vs Kevin McBride live fight is scheduled for eight, two-minute rounds and will be held at Marlins Park.

• Options

Whoever @saniashindet is, if you look at the comment history, they just show up to provide links promoting fights.