Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2014 Topps Chrome Update Baseball Mega Box - Questions from a football collector.

ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

My baseball hobby knowledge ends with 1993 baseball when I finally made enough money to blow on the ladies. So I need to poke around the board to see if any of the baseball guys can help me.

Now that Mookie is going to be in LA for a while, I started looking and saw the 2014 Topps Chrome Update RC. If I read it correctly, the Chrome BB Update in 2014 was only issued in the Topps Update Mega boxes? There wasn't a hobby box version of the update? Is this card actually considered his Topps Chrome rookie?

Blowout lists the Mega Boxes as Toppd Chrome, but 5 of the packs are regular Topps and only 2 are Chrome. I know current Chrome BB Mega boxes are all Chrome packs. There isn't any other way to get these packs?

Mike

Comments

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that is the case. I don't think the hobby boxes or the jumbo boxes had chrome cards. I didn't buy any that year though. I noticed the mega boxes have almost doubled in price over the last 2 weeks. I guess Mookie signing that monster deal got people looking...

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. Prices have spiked. The price does amaze me since it looks like the value in the box are the 2 chrome packs. Blowout has a case for $2300. 16 boxes = 32 chrome packs, that would be almost $72/chrome pack.

Does that seem right or am I discounting the value of the 5 update packs too much?

Mike