Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The composite definition was changed - huh?

What does this mean? Anybody?
I wish PSA would let us know what changed.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

New items have been added to the set or items have been deleted, most likely the former. For additions, there's a "NEW" flag in red by recently added items. What set?

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

I have also seen where they change the value of a card in a set. If you look at the View set checklist tab, each card in the set is assigned a weighted value, add each card up for a total composite weight for the set. If they change the weighted value of a specific card, it alters or changes the composite total of the set. In this way the "composite definition" of the set has changed.

• The set in question is the 1951 Bowman set

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that PSA could add a reason the set changed. That information would be nice.

I suppose if they did that a bunch of people would call them to argue about it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's 51B baseball, this one almost has to be the weighting change mentioned by JRR. I thought they were supposed to send polls out for existing sets that had a certain number of collectors to get concurrence on weighting modifications, but I could be mistaken.

• graygatorgraygator Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Maybe someone got a new highest graded on a card so it changed the top pop bonus.