Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would YOU grade this Trout refractor?

Debating whether or not to get this one graded. Bought a Hobby box of 2013 select and pulled five total trouts - three refractors (select skills, Thunder alley, Gold En Fuego limited to 25) one red En Fuego and a base. While all are getting graded the thunder alley has a scratch or line about the “C” in select and I am not sure if it is worth sending that one. The card is in perfect condition otherwise (surfaces edges corners) which drives me crazy not to send - but I have attached photos of the dreaded line - let me know what you do or what you think the grade would be ..

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does it sell for?

• Options

$100 or give or take ungraded - The only graded one I see sold was for $250 but it was PSA 10. Ungraded they are only a few available asking an average of $120, Sold ungraded for $71, $108, $129......I wonder if the card would still be eligible for a 9 grade with that line...doubtful, probably best to keep it ungraded.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience, 8 at best with a line. I think others have shared a couple rare examples of 9s.

• Options
    Cardman99Cardman99 Posts: 38
    edited July 22, 2020 11:54AM

I can't complain because the box was loaded with a Trout card every other pack it felt like...and the gold /25 was in great condition...but this card has a sweet design, such a bummer to pull it with the line through the C...Really makes you appreciate what goes into the 10 cards. Here were the other pulls (sent the trouts for grades)

• Options

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Generally I'd say anything short of a 10 won't add any value on something this new and may detract from what you would get in the typical ebay auction selling raw.

With the surface scratch, I'd definitely would not grade

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Yes.. Don't grade

• Options

Thank you, I will not grade. I didn’t want to, but with the Trout and Griffey quarterly special since I would be submitting at least 20 anyway I needed some talking out of it. Will keep Raw

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't follow trout too closely but i'd imagine he has a strong registry following. If there aren't a lot of ones graded, i'd take a shot. You'd be surprised how many folks you might get fighting over it just to plug that hole in the registry. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about the raw being returned by a buyer saying the scratch was more significant than they thought. I think it's worth a $10 shot.

Again, only if selling, If it's for your PC, then leave raw.

• Options

im looking for Gold Enfuegos, let me know if Trout is for trade or sale