Home Sports Talk
Options

Teddy Atlas advice to Deontay Wilder

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always like to hear Teddy Atlas talk about boxing. Here is his advice to Deontay Wilder for Fury vs Wilder 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOmjrP1OQ0

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put your own work in here!!

• Options

I actually watched that so I can give Double D some street cred 😂😂😂

• Options

😂😂😂😂 He's always interesting to listen to! He eats, sleeps, and breathes boxing, I always like hearing his opinions on the boxing scene.

• Options

I couldn't do it, I just couldn't do it. If I was a boxer, I'd have to do things my way, I couldn't listen to somebody else tell me how to fight. I'd have to get in there and swing like a madnan!

• Options

Now, I do believe in chasing chickens.

• Options

Yeah.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chasing or choking? ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    Chasing or choking? ;-)

😂😂😂😂 Chasing.

Let me make that perfectly clear, I believe in CHASING not choking my chickens!

• Options

Roosters are vicious fighters as well.

• Options

Yeah.

• Options

If you can sweat it out, here is a good interview with Teddy Atlas where he picks his greatest fighter of all time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSe5CeP3Ht4

• Options
    edited July 20, 2020 11:00AM

Never heard of Harborside Hank, Ofcourse Hammerin’ Hank could be Aaron. There I got Double D some more street cred by watching another video 😏

• Options
    edited July 20, 2020 11:03AM

To be quit Frank ( or Double D ) I’ve never heard of Teddy Atlas or Harborside Hank so this has been a good educational thread for me 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:
    To be quit Frank ( or Double D ) I’ve never heard of Teddy Atlas or Harborside Hank so this has been a good educational thread for me 👍👍

Thanks perk for watching the videos, I know they were pretty long to sit through. Yeah, Teddy is a legend in the boxing world, and he always has interesting views on the sport. He actually has a rocky history with Mike Tyson and once pulled a gun on Tyson. He helped Cus D' amato develop Tyson, he's been a trainer for a long time, and kind of reminds me of young version of Mickey from the Rocky movies. He's written a autibiography and grew up a troubled youth, and when he was young he was in a street fight and was slasked across the face and it took 400 stitches to close the wound. He's an interesting personality in the boxing world. Here is a picture of the scar on his face.

• Options

Wow that is a rough freaking scar 😳. Thanks for the dissertation Double D 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Wow that is a rough freaking scar 😳. Thanks for the dissertation Double D 👍👍

You're welcome perk, I've enjoyed this thread today, it's been fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!