Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Opinions on this offset ink error

I guess a TPG would call this 35 or so, real crisp.
Seems like this is desireable because of the degree of overprint.

Thanks!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Partial face-to-back offset error. Interesting.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's nice!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strong ink error. I like it. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a thought.
    It looks like the press is a perfector.
    That means the press prints both sides in line. (Two images with a squeeze to the sheet from the blankets)
    I'm guessing the sheet stuck to the blanket and dog eared (A type of fold). The image is too clear or strong to be an offset.
    So... where are the others ?
    Hmmmm...?

• Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Just a thought.
    It looks like the press is a perfector.
    That means the press prints both sides in line. (Two images with a squeeze to the sheet from the blankets)
    I'm guessing the sheet stuck to the blanket and dog eared (A type of fold). The image is too clear or strong to be an offset.
    So... where are the others ?
    Hmmmm...?

Sounds like you have first hand knowledge of how the presses work. I think we'd have to see it in action in order to visualize what happened. A relative picked this up in circulation, and has had it about 20 years, so. Don't they destroy these errors and replace with stars? (when they get caught, that is).

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options

Only one side of the note is printed at a time. First the back and then the front. Then the sheet is cut in half and the seal and serial numbers are applied.

• Options

@mbwizkid said:
    Partial face-to-back offset error. Interesting.

The defined shape of the image is too percise to be offset. 98.6 sure of this.
    Although I don't work for the mint.
    Just a common pressman.

• Options

The defined shape of the image is too percise to be offset. 98.6 sure of this.
    Although I don't work for the mint.

The mint does the shiny metal discs, not paper.
    This is the explanation of how the error is created at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing from Fred Bart’s error guide.

• Options

Printing 101:
    Ok so the press is not set to reconize the miss feed of the stock, thus going on impression to the back cylinder.
    Thats a press issue for the press manufacture's or a broken stop finger sensor.
    Ok, of course the water and ink mixture is not stable.
    Just dont sit on the skid after its removed from the delivery.
    Find a table for your lunch.
    Lots of ways to make an egg.
    AHHH... Egg salad again?

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2020 1:07PM

Do you see this as an obstruction error too?
    There appear to be three alternating diagonal lines .... how would that occur on a D2 Interior note?

More complex than I originally thought