Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Currency Sleeve Recommendations

Hello, fellow collectors! I've recently run through my supply of H.E. Harris small-size currency sleeves, and have been having trouble finding replacements. Are they still around? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement brand? I always liked the H.E. Harris holders because they were light weight, but sturdy. I could handle them easily without worrying too much about the note inside, even if it was in nicer shape. Anyway, thanks for any advice.

"Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21

Comments

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

I buy mine from Tom Denly. They are archival grade Mylar, and work great for me. I do not know how these compare to the H.E. Harris ones though.

• Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

I’ve purchased sleeves from sellitstore and Denny’s. I like the Mylar sleeves without the top lip. Either place will provide great service.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I remember asking about this once. I will be following this thread as I would like to know what archival sleeves are available. I only have a handful of currency, but want those better protected, of course.

Any pictures would help. I am thinking about getting a few album pages and fitting in currency pieces that are also sleeved. This is done with baseball cards, but I wonder how that translates with paper currency. It's important to limit their exposure to air.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

Well you have a few options. I've used Linder albums in the past (found here: http://denlys.com/inventory/albums.asp ), but they are not cheap and the pages are pricey. However, they are great albums and you can buy pages for graded and non graded notes. You can also just get your notes slabbed/graded by PMG. They will be protected, authenticated, graded, and encased in a holder.

Just make sure you do not use PVC holders as those will destroy your notes. Mylar is the best or of course any authentic grading service like PMG.

• Options
    TitusFlaviusTitusFlavius Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the responses! I'll check out some of those sources.

"Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21