Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michael Jordan rookie PSA 10 auction on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

That card broke 100k at its peak so will be interesting to see where it lands. I’m guessing in the mid 70s

• Options

Also there are touches in two corners, you would think any white on the corners would drop it a grade.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    Also there are touches in two corners, you would think any white on the corners would drop it a grade.

thats a deal breaker for me. i guess i will not be buying this card. when i buy a ten the corners have to be sharp with no white on them. :)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, here is an up close scan.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

a 9

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we're nitpicking the bottom right corner is "touched", but the print defect on the C in Michael would bother me more.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

PWCC auctioned this same one off less than 2 months ago..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402259452907

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 5:03PM

Not all PSA 10s are created equally--especially with this card.

To find a perfectly centered example (front and back) with untouched corners and zero edge chipping and a clean surface/image is a very, very difficult task.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pump and dump...

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i honestly wouldn't touch any jordan 10 these days. and not bc of price.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. PSA allows for some slight variations on a 10, but 4 perfectly sharp corners is a key attribute in their PSA 10 grade description. This one has very nice centering and hard to beat that aspect on this card, but the corners are not “10” corners nor is the print defect by the C appealing.

• Options

Shocker

@NGS428 said:
    PWCC auctioned this same one off less than 2 months ago..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4022594529

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

The bottom left edge is a bit rough/fuzzy.

The top two corners appear to have some white, but it could be shine. I did not notice the PD right away until nam812 pointed it out.

Blurryface,

Why not a PSA 10 Jordan if price was not an issue? You think it ran its course in terms of future rise in value?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

Lets not ruffle those feathers. :)

• Options

But I do think it will take a vast amount of time for solid 10s to reach back to their perceived value from a couple months ago coming off the last dance days.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a weak 9 all day...let alone a 10! Corners are touched and print defect in name precludes a 10.

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Brent disagrees, description implies it is a strong copy that would be hard to improve on.

And the amount of price manipulation that is happening with this card is incredible. Of course the first auction wasn’t paid for.

And Blurryface is referring to how hard this card was targeted by card doctors. One known trimmer was buying up 8/9s and managed a sub where he hit 3 consecutive tens in one sub.

Such a great card, its too bad all the shenanigans that surround it.

@mintonlypls said:
    That is a weak 9 all day...let alone a 10! Corners are touched and print defect in name precludes a 10.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot imagine why someone would buy anything from pwcc/brent. It is honestly beyond me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I cannot imagine why someone would buy anything from pwcc/brent. It is honestly beyond me.

Neither can I. Have not spent a dime with him since all the shenanigans broke. Have still managed to go over my card budget without ever looking at their auctions.

• Options
    edited July 14, 2020 7:12AM

Same here but we are the outliers. I know of buyers that have had to return multiple altered cards to PWCC and they still buy from him.

The high end of the hobby lost interest in integrity a long time ago, it is all about having and showing off the “best” card and grade and I’m not sure most high end buyers care that they are being played.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess if one continues to buy from PWCC/Brent that for them, stuff > integrity.

its the only thing that makes sense to me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Boggles my mind why 10's are valued so much higher than 8 or 9's since, in my mind anyway, there are only slight differences. Just reaffirms that quote in Wall Street when Michael Douglas talks about the world of pricey art all being an illusion.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

It's been taken down..

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@picklepete said:
    It's been taken down..

Pete. This thread is a year old. A Jordan selling for $41k now was a pipe dream from a year ago. They are $750k. Don’t you wish you bought 10 of them a year ago?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@magician45 said:
    Boggles my mind why 10's are valued so much higher than 8 or 9's since, in my mind anyway, there are only slight differences. Just reaffirms that quote in Wall Street when Michael Douglas talks about the world of pricey art all being an illusion.

https://youtu.be/QqjQxs9l5fg