Home Sports Talk

ESPN top 10 running backs for 2020

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 13, 2020 4:06AM in Sports Talk

I know you guys just love these lists, so here we go, this is ESPN's top 10 running backs for the 2020 season.

1. Saquon Barkley (Giants)
  2. Christian McCaffrey (Panthers)😉
  3. Ezekiel Elliot (Cowboys)
  4. Alvin Kamara (Saints)
  5. Derrick Henry (Titans)
  6. Dalvin Cook (Vikings)
  7. Nick Chubb (Browns)
  8. Joe Mixon (Bengals)
  9. Josh Jacobs (Raiders)
  10. Le'Veon Bell (Jets)

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

McCaffrey is #1 regardless of what any writer thinks, it’s not even remotely debatable. I like Zeke, Kamara, Henry, Barkley and Cook. It’s splitting hairs after Mcaffrey with the rest

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    McCaffrey is #1 regardless of what any writer thinks, it’s not even remotely debatable. I like Zeke, Kamara, Henry, Barkley and Cook. It’s splitting hairs after Mcaffrey with the rest

Yeah, I would put McCaffrey at the number 1 spot. He can do it all, last season he had over 1,000 yards rushing and receiving and 19 TDs. Apparently Nick Chubb feels disrespected because he posted the rankings on his instagram page.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/nick-chubb-instagram-espn--running-back-rankings-disrespect-01ed1pwx1vvh/amp

Chubb had a nice season and is in good company, I haven’t looked at all the numbers but the 8 TD’s probably didn’t help him too much

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Chubb had a nice season and is in good company, I haven’t looked at all the numbers but the 8 TD’s probably didn’t help him too much

I think Chubb is just offended and maybe even hurt, because he wasn't in the top tier on the list. You know how players have that "I'm the best" mentality. On the defensive side, I'm looking forward to seeing Chase Young in action, he was a beast at OSU, and I want to see how he adjusts to the NFL.

It’s easy to offend or “Disrespect” these guys, I don’t have a problem with Chubb though. Like I said I think he was downgraded for have just 8 TD’s maybe. And yes Young should be a beast!!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

when Henry is going good he is hard to beat. He put his team on his back down the stretch

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2020 6:33AM

Back Lives Matter !

No just kidding , they don't matter at all , NFL running back is a league minimum position revolve the door get the next

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christian 1. Zeke 2

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ll see Devin Singletary climb that list very quickly. The combination of his running and Josh Allen will put the Bills offensive on the radar this year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    You’ll see Devin Singletary climb that list very quickly. The combination of his running and Josh Allen will put the Bills offensive on the radar this year.

No more Frank Gore to vulture carries from him

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

McCaffrey !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2020 6:24AM

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

No more Frank Gore to vulture carries from him

Singletary put the ball on the ground a little too often for my liking but damn he’s fun to watch. When the Bills needed to run clock Gore didn’t do anything spectacular but you could be confident he’d hold onto it. Zack Moss may be the next bruiser but rookies are rookies. Kinda like a box of chocolates.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.