Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does PSA keep track of crossover cert numbers?

If you have a card in a BGS holder that you sub to PSA and it doesn’t meet minimum grade or N6’s, generally, would subsequent attempts yield different results? Or, do they keep track of previously subbed BGS cert numbers and notations of previous grading attempts, automatically nixing any chances of a different graders opinion.

myslabs.to/smzcards

Comments

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dustinspeaks said:
    I'm 90% sure they would have to crack it to determine that it didn't meet your minimum grade. I would think it would be returned to you without the holder. Also, I'd crack it before sending it to PSA. Why would you want to give them the information about its previous grade?

They don’t need to crack it, hence why it’s a crossover. But my question is do they log BGS certs when attempts are made to know if you sent it again to try, if it’s automatically denied.

myslabs.to/smzcards

@dustinspeaks said:
    If you're crossing over, aren't you going from one holder to another? Asking PSA to grade a card that is in a BGS holder. Pretty sure they have to crack it to grade it. You can't see the surface of the card when its in the holder.

If you set a min grade and they won’t crack it. They try to grade it in the holder. If it meets the grade, they crack it. If not, they won’t.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• 1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I don’t think they keep track of the other TPG serial numbers when submitting. You can submit a card several times and hope one time it works in your favor.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2020 7:32PM

Crossovers, doubtful, but honestly it shouldn't matter. I have had several PSA 9's become 10's after a 2nd or 3rd review...

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    Crossovers, doubtful, but honestly it shouldn't matter. I have had several PSA 9's become 10's after a 2nd or 3rd review...

Do you crack and resubmit your 9’s? I have a few candidates in my collection!

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@shawther said:

@secretstash said:

For these examples, no. I have never personally cracked a 9 and received a 10.

@shawther said:

@secretstash said:

I have a few times. there have been plenty of cards I was sure were 10 worthy and was not able to find an issue with them both before and after they got 9's. upon cracking and resubbing, they got 10's.

also had a few I tried crossing over with min grades set and they failed to do so, but upon cracking, they got 10's.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a Yaz RC BVG that was only a 2.5 and crossed to a PSA 2. Everybody said it was under graded and when I cracked it, it got a PSA 3

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox