Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Fleer rack pack break...Puckett and Clemens in same cell!!

I had these 3 rack packs on the bst board for the past week and surprisingly so one wanted them...so I decided to open them today with very pleasing results...1 rack with 3 wax packs and 2 non wax racks:

Comments

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Found these 2 in the wax packs and the first non wax rack:

• Options

Then 2nd cell of the 2nd non wax rack, boom! Puckett and Clemens appear!!!

• Options

Ernie Whitt was the card on top...I actually turned the cards around and went through them backwards...Puckett was the first card after the sticker on back and Clemens was near the middle

• Options

I never had opened a 1985 Fleer non wax rack before today...I found each cell has 15 cards wrapped in cello wrapping within the rack pack like a Topps grocery cello!

• Options

Honorable mention:

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Awesome! When I was a kid I could never find Fleer. One kid had tons of it in his binder, I just had Topps. He sorted his cards by teams like most of us, and when he flipped to the Red Sox section I would stare for ever. I think Toys R Us had Fleer, but since I was never a good enough behaving child, I saved up for cello packs of Topps at the pharmacy

• Options
    tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Great results for three racks.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is such a great set. They had such great looking cards in the mid eighties.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always a fan of this Fleer year.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@phelda said:
    Awesome! When I was a kid I could never find Fleer. One kid had tons of it in his binder, I just had Topps. He sorted his cards by teams like most of us, and when he flipped to the Red Sox section I would stare for ever. I think Toys R Us had Fleer, but since I was never a good enough behaving child, I saved up for cello packs of Topps at the pharmacy

Of course with Fleer, at least then, sorting by card number would be the same as sorting by team.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

That's pretty danged impressive! Nice work.

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pjb103183 said:
    Ernie Whitt was the card on top...I actually turned the cards around and went through them backwards...Puckett was the first card after the sticker on back and Clemens was near the middle

Clemens and Puckett are always 8 cards apart in the 1985 Fleer run, which makes these packs all or nothing when ripping 1985 Fleer. Congrats on hitting the “all” camp in your break!