Home Sports Talk

Big 10 goes conference games only

Comments

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is a season at all. Was looking forward to Wisconson vs Notre Dame and Ohio State vs Oregon.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

poor Rudy will never get on the field :'(

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m beginning to think it’s not going to happen at all :#:s

Smith shares that concern about a fall season taking place.

OSU AD:

"I'm really concerned. ... I'm very concerned," Smith said. "In our last conversation, whenever that was, I was cautiously optimistic. I'm not even there now, when you look at the behavior of our country and you consider that in May we were on a downward trajectory with our [coronavirus] cases. ... Now we're, if not the worst in the world, one of the worst in the world.

"I am concerned that we may not be able to play. Which is why we took the measure we took -- in order to try and have September available to us for conference games and give us the flexibility and control to handle disruptions if we're able to start a season. I'm concerned about where we are, just across the board, relative to the management of the pandemic as individuals."

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m definitely gearing up for no Football this season

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

its like a dream come true!!

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Pac 12 cancels non conference games as well

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

SEC meets today to discuss the season.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't expect to see any football this year. Absolutely none before the second week of November.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 9:40AM

Not that a team bus is all that much better than a plane for breathing space. But at least you can open or crack the windows on a bus for ventilation and allow those dam coronas to fly out the window and die.

I think teams within reasonable driving distance of each other, along with teaching and using proper safety precautions, is doable.

I say let's play the games!