Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm having dns problems

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, for some reason, I woke up this morning and my Samsung Galaxy is not working properly. It says there's a problem with dns. I'm using my wife's phone to type this message. I can't figure out what to do, so I'll be in and out today until I figure this out. This stinks, it says "Google.com's dns address could not be found" over and over. I have no idea how to fix this, I've been trying but nothing seems to work. To be continued...

Comments

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

I thought DNS was Don't Know Sh#t...????

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double D, check in as soon as you can. also make sure you document the correct amount of personal time for your time off please.

• Options

Oddly my cellphone keeps showing this when I go to my google search, it is going haywire this AM

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Oddly my cellphone keeps showing this when I go to my google search, it is going haywire this AM

Now my phone is back to working again! I woke up around 1 a.m. to have my usual nicotine gum chew, and the internet wouldn't work at all, and it said the problem was DNS and something to do with google. I tried fixing it for about two hours and gave up. I just woke up about 10 minutes ago, and tried it, and bam, It's back to normal. Maybe google had some kind of issues? I know they've been having problems with gmail lately. Weird stuff.

• Options
    edited July 10, 2020 4:05AM

Or could this problem be something more sinister, are we experiencing the beginnings of a takeover?

• Options

I use my cell phone and have deleted the google app and reloaded it and it usually fixes stupid stuff like this. Unless your right about sinister things in the works 🥺

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I use my cell phone and have deleted the google app and reloaded it and it usually fixes stupid stuff like this. Unless your right about sinister things in the works 🥺

If that happens again, I'm going to delete my app, and reload it. I had problems with my gmail last month, and I read online that a lot of gmail users are experiencing the same problems, emails aren't getting to their destination, and stuff like that. I'm just glad I won't have to use my wife's phone, her phone is a weird and strange land. It has a pink cover over it! She only uses it for calls, she doesn't even know anything about how to use the internet. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled forum activities!