Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Good source for pre-Victoria sovereigns

3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a good source for pre-Victoria sovereigns? I know of two (Northeast Coin and Atlas) but they are on the high side price-wise.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check DNW auctions, check perhaps eBay.co.uk...
    EFs can be manageable, graded TPG MS coins going to be high. Just saying....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

While I haven't really focused on pre-Victoria, are you mainly interested from George III to Victoria?
    Auction houses - DNW, Baldwins of St. James as well as the U.S. Based houses. As far as dealers go - possibly Chards, 1stsovereign (eBay), sovereign rarities (expensive), there are a few others, but I cannot think of them at the moment.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:
    While I haven't really focused on pre-Victoria, are you mainly interested from George III to Victoria?
    Auction houses - DNW, Baldwins of St. James as well as the U.S. Based houses. As far as dealers go - possibly Chards, 1stsovereign (eBay), sovereign rarities (expensive), there are a few others, but I cannot think of them at the moment.

Yep, George III, the two George IV, and the William IV to complete my monarchs type set.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 6:51AM

@3stars said:

@Exbrit said:

Yep, George III, the two George IV, and the William IV to complete my monarchs type set.

If you pick up a copy of Coin News that is published in the UK - they list many dealers. If you are looking for US sources only - you might want to use the make an offer feature on the Heritage website if you want slabbed coins.

If you don't mind purchasing from the UK - I can list a couple of dealers from Coin news if you'd like.