Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Got it! Classic Head Large Cent 1814 MS62BN

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited - Thanks for all of your assistance. A Dealer saw my listing, and we agreed to terms. It'll be added to my Registry sets once I have the coin in hand.

Another successful ending thanks to BS&T!

Thanks.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭

I better enjoy position 3 in the 7070 well I can because you are going to be knocking me out in a short time. Very nice set you are putting together I agree with the all CAC.

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options

@willy said:
    I better enjoy position 3 in the 7070 as well as I can because you are going to be knocking me out in a short time. Very nice set you are putting together I agree with the all CAC.

While technically it's a competition, please believe me when i say that I choose to buy the quality/grade coins I choose not to beat anyone out, but that's the most I feel I want to spend. As you can see i do have a LOT of coins graded with "+". I bought some of those with the "+", but many of those I obtained via sending the coins back to PCGS for Reconsideration. Since the cert number remains the same with that method, if it upgrades to a "+", CAC will then AUTOMATICALLY reapply that sticker. While "+" grades do help out with Registry points, it's also cost effective to get the "+" if the next higher whole grade is a large jump in cost.

Also notice in my search for a coin for this slot, I'm OK going as "low" as AU58, even though i can afford as high as MS63. The reason for that is there are very few of these in that grade range with CAC's that have the eye appeal I like, so if i come across one as AU58 with a CAC with nice eye appeal, i'll buy that for my set.

Thanks for your kind words, and Happy Hunting to you too.

Stay safe!
    Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

While I have those on my "Watch" list, those grades are each above what I want to spend. I'll be watching if by chance it looks like it can sell for less than i anticipate.

Thanks, and stay safe.

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

You're certainly in a "spendy" price range even at a 63. It's a tough series as the overall planchet quality was so poor for the majority of the coins. You never know with an auction, might just get lucky!

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!