cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 7, 2020 3:49PM in Precious Metals
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2020 6:00PM

Weirdly, there’s not much inflation on the horizon. The inflation is in stocks, and just a few at that.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2020 11:12AM

The QE is not "fighting global covid." It's needed because the world economy was destroyed by central banks beginning in 2009. The can kicking has reached a temporary cul-de-sac. Covid was just the flashlight that exposed the fairy tale. Current US QE began in earnest in late 2019 before there was a covid.

$9 Trillion? It will double before the end of the year.

Inflation? Only when the magical money gets into the hands of consumers. The little that is trickling down now is being used to pay personal debt and to save because most at the bottom of the money chain see the rainy days that lie ahead. Most of the new money, as usual, is being used to inflate Wall Street assets in a continuation of the great transfer of wealth. The bulk of QE is not 'hitting all reaches of the economies." The $1200 sent directly to consumers was but a half of a drop of water from the QE bucket. It was served up to distract thought from where the bulk of the money was going. As elites have been know to say "let them eat pie."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    The QE is not "fighting global covid." It's needed because the world economy was destroyed by central banks beginning in 2009. Covid was only the flashlight that exposed the fairy tale. Current US QE began in earnest in late 2019 before there was a covid.

$9 Trillion? It will double before the end of the year.

Inflation? Only when the magical money gets into the hands of consumers. The little that is trickling down now is being used to pay personal debt and to save because most at the bottom of the money chain see the rainy days that lie ahead. Most of the new money, as usual, is being used to inflate Wall Street assets in a continuation of the great transfer of wealth. The bulk of QE is not 'hitting all reaches of the economies." The $1200 sent directly to consumers was but a half of a drop of water from the QE bucket. It was served up to distract thought from where the bulk of the money was going. As elites have been know to say "let them eat pie."

Sounds like another Harvey Organ reincarnation fairy tale. I do love my fresh summer pies.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Well, sometimes the truth just plain hurts. But you'll eventually get over it.

• Options

The QE and bailouts iin 2020 are much differemt than in 2008. I expect the response in some markets to be different this go 'round.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2020 11:20AM

The difference is we are not bailing out banks this go around. No need to, depositors are now on the hook for bank losses. What is not different is whose pockets the money eventually ends up in. The transfer of wealth continues, just a longer train ride to the top.

• Options

So creative. .

British government says it will pick up half the checks at restaurants to help boost economy - MarketWatch
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/british-government-says-it-will-pick-up-half-the-checks-at-restaurants-to-help-boost-economy-2020-07-08

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

banks just went through stress tests, didn't they? I wouldn't trust them anyway because who knows how many bad loans are waiting out there.

anyway, let's say there are a lot of defaults. what will happen? the money printing will continue for some bank bailout.... possibly even creating a "bad bank"... so there is no erosion of confidence in the banking system and because "this happened due to no fault of their own."

long story short, I don't see banks getting bail-ins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@derryb said:
    The difference is we are not bailing out banks this go around. No need to, depositors are now on the hook for bank losses. What is not different is whose pockets the money eventually ends up in. The transfer of wealth continues, just a longer train ride.

2008 was to save the system. 2020 is to save face.

• Options

Banks are not safe:

• Options

Derivatives dont mean anything. We've had that same discussion for 15 years now.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2020 5:04PM

@cohodk said:
    Derivatives dont mean anything. We've had that same discussion for 15 years now.

BS. You've may have had that discussion with yourself. You've made a lot of ignorant statements but this one takes the cake. Can't wait to see you outdo this one. LOL

Derivatives caused the 2008 financial crisis by creating artificial demand for underlying assets such as mortgages, credit card debt, and auto loans.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2020 6:32PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

BS. You've may have had that discussion with yourself. You've made a lot of ignorant statements but this one takes the cake. Can't wait to see you outdo this one. LOL

Derivatives caused the 2008 financial crisis by creating artificial demand for underlying assets such as mortgages, credit card debt, and auto loans.

Somewhat random but the sad part is you and I both have the same goal......I think. lol

I stack metals as I believe they will increase in "fiat" value, which I will someday cash in to pay for more farm land, livestock, tractors, fuel, property taxes etc . US Fiat dollars will long outlast me although there is no argument they will continue to lose purchasing power due to inflation.

You stack metals because you are convinced the world is about to end, the comex is going to implode, the FED is about to go belly up so fiat will be Zimbabwe worthless and your metals will be the only item of value and you will be the only smart one in the neighborhood swapping ASE's for cans of beans, boxes of ammo, bottles of the devils whiskey, Prozac, chinese iphones, big screen TVs, etc.

In the end we both stack, we both believe metals will have a greater worth, I just don't think the world as we know it needs to end for us to win.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2020 6:42PM

@blitzdude said:

I stack metals as I believe they will increase in "fiat" value, which I will someday cash in to pay for more farm land, livestock, tractors, fuel, property taxes etc . US Fiat dollars will long outlast me although there is no argument they will continue to lose purchasing power due to inflation.

You stack metals because you are convinced the world is about to end, the comex is going to implode, the FED is about to go belly up so fiat will be Zimbabwe worthless and your metals will be the only item of value and you will be the only smart one in the neighborhood swapping ASE's for cans of beans, boxes of ammo, bottles of the devils whiskey, Prozac, chinese iphones, big screen TVs, etc.

In the end we both stack, we both believe metals will have a greater worth, I just don't think the world needs to end for me to win.

Your assumption is completely wrong. I stack metals because they are insurance against the decline of the dollar. The world is not about to end, the comex will eventually kill itself, we are economic hostages of the FED and I am not an end of the world prepper. I'm winning just fine with trading my metals without needing or wanting the world to end. I would much rather not need the insurance my metals provide me.

Appears you have incorrectly interpreted my "don't trust those that have control over the value of your money" crusade.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

I think you need to go back and review all of toadrunners (and yours) diatribes on the "end of the world due to derivatives" comments.

World aint ended. Dollar aint dead. Stock market aint at zero and gold aint at 5000.

Looking forward to another 15 years of derivative drivel. Whoohoo!!!

• Options

spoken like a FED owned banker. Keep taking those QE handouts. . . while they last.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

COVID is a "slight of hand" trick to distract. Gold is not.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

If man put 10,000 stimulus dollars into gold instead of face masks, in January, he would be able to buy twice as many masks for half the price today. And the virus would still spread.

• Options

@derryb said:
    spoken like a FED owned banker. Keep taking those QE handouts. . . while they last.

So now you say "Fed owned banker" but youve previously said bankers owned the Fed.

Is it hard ti keep up with yourself?

• Options
    edited July 9, 2020 12:14PM

As you well know, FED is made up of member banks. Local bankers such as yourself are under the full control and regulation of the FED. FED owns you, and your comments here on the forum say so. lol.

Everything is just fine. Just like it was in 2008.

• Options

@derryb said:
    FED owns you

But i own you. 🙂🥂

• Options
    edited July 9, 2020 6:32PM

no, you're just a toy I play with when I'm bored.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    no, you're just a toy I play with when I'm bored.

How funny, that's what all of us here think 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:
    The difference is we are not bailing out banks this go around. No need to, depositors are now on the hook for bank losses. What is not different is whose pockets the money eventually ends up in. The transfer of wealth continues, just a longer train ride.

2008 was to save the system. 2020 is to save face.

2008 was to save the bankers. 2020 is to continue the pillage.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You are the only smart one in the room because all of your reasons for stacking are shrewd and forward-looking while everyone else is needlessly hyped (and backward).

Not only that, but you can divine what other people think and why they stack metals because of a variety of factors that may or may not happen with the currency, based on your own interpretations of various personalities being exhibited in an online chatroom. That's quite some talent.

The fact that every previous fiat currency has failed and the fact that a burgeoning debt load is simply unrealistic and unsustainable mathematically - doesn't deter your confidence in the dollar. The dollar's in trouble, and so are most other fiat currencies. The world doesn't end if the dollar ends and/or the Comex implodes - but the rules do change - most certainly to benefit the ones in power.

I just don't think the world as we know it needs to end for us to win.

The world as we know it - IS ending day by day, and it's not necessarily a "win" for anybody.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2020 10:15AM

Dollar insurance. Ordered another green policy on Thursday.

• Options

• Options

Why are you always looking to place blame. No one cares about this nonsense. We just want our shiny little trinkets to be worth more than we paid. Just like we want our stocks and house to be worth more. We dont care about excuses or blame games.

PMs will go up when folk value them more. Plain and simple. Keep a clear mind and enjoy life.

• Options

It looks like derryb IS enjoying life!

He likes to buy boxes of ASEs and sell singles on ebay. He likes to buy gold AGEs from the mint, get them graded, and sell them on BST. He likes to drive to banks and get boxes of quarters and search for Ws and sell them online and then drive the rest back to the credit union.

And he likes to post on here, to say about entitlements while collecting social security and double dip pensions, to describe metals scams while profiting heavy from their volatility. And to say baby steps like he knows it all and everyone else is playing catch up or fall behind.

derryb is certainly enjoying the life!

• Options

@cohodk said:
    Why are you always looking to place blame. No one cares about this nonsense. We just want our shiny little trinkets to be worth more than we paid. Just like we want our stocks and house to be worth more. We dont care about excuses or blame games.

PMs will go up when folk value them more. Plain and simple. Keep a clear mind and enjoy life.

Ironic that Mr. Anti-fiat want's his green boxes to be worth more fiat. But to get there 3,000 conspiracy theories are required. Crazy world.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

He likes to buy boxes of ASEs and sell singles on ebay. He likes to buy gold AGEs from the mint, get them graded, and sell them on BST. He likes to drive to banks and get boxes of quarters and search for Ws and sell them online and then drive the rest back to the credit union.

And he likes to post on here, to say about entitlements while collecting social security and double dip pensions, to describe metals scams while profiting heavy from their volatility. And to say baby steps like he knows it all and everyone else is playing catch up or fall behind.

He didn't invent the system - and playing in the rules as written - while preparing for their inevitable collapse - makes a heck of a lot more sense than assuming all is rainbows and unicorns...

• Options

@Baley said:

Those who feel the need to continuously remind everyone how well they do (especially to a bunch of strangers on a internet message board) are typically fake news. No rainbows and unicorns just the facts.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@Baley said:

He didn't invent the system - and playing in the rules as written - while preparing for their inevitable collapse - makes a heck of a lot more sense than assuming all is rainbows and unicorns...

And here we go again..
    Are those our only 2 choices?

• Options

My point was that we all have our degrees and levels of success, and can enjoy our lives and learn from each other without saying each other are wrong and/or stupid.

Hell, i mysef may be a lot more active with hours handling and thinking about bits and pieces of metal someday in 20 or 30 years..

When I've got that kind of time on my hands and fewer, funner alternatives 😉😏

• Options

@Baley said:
    My point was that we all have our degrees and levels of success, and can enjoy our lives and learn from each other without saying each other are wrong and/or stupid.

r> When I've got that kind of time on my hands and fewer, funner alternatives 😉😏

You are right Baley. Enjoyment of life is relative. Thats a good point to remember. In fact, we are surrounded by relativity and may we all benefit from the fruits of the opportunity it provides.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2020 2:44PM

The whole purpose of starting this thread was to show how relatively easy it was for the global economy to print money equal to the value of all the gold in the world. And if it was that easy, surely it can be done again. Assets priced in any currency should benefit.

• Options
    edited July 19, 2020 5:17PM

@blitzdude said:

Those who feel the need to continuously remind everyone how well they do (especially to a bunch of strangers on a internet message board) are typically fake news. No rainbows and unicorns just the facts.

Don't beat around the bush. Drop the fake news BS and just call them liars. lol

Maybe they are responding to the mistaken claims that their investment strategy is all wrong. Maybe they are rolling in fiat because their "incorrect" strategy actually works and they can't convert it into something sustainable fast enough.

I'm doing exceptionally well thank you and it is obvious you just can't stand it. Get over it. lol

And guess what, the future of metals looks better than it ever has.

And FWIW Baley a pension and a $126 a month social security check are not entitlements. They are hard earned benefits that were contributed to during a demanding yet rewarding career. They are a return on the investment in oneself. The day will come when you will wish or will be glad you did the same.

I like having all three of my pet trolls in the same thread. Consolidation at its best.

• Options

No welfare for me, I make my own way without entitlements.

Maybe we should start a new thread, " @derryb 's pension and social security are about to implode" lol.

Better not bite the hand that feeds you. lol

• Options
    edited July 19, 2020 5:47PM

jealous, again?

Oh, almost forgot. Won $25K on a $10 scratch off last year that went into PMs. One of my best fiat conversions so far. Stew over that one. lol

• Options

Lottery is a fools game. I bet you sunk in $50K to win your $25K. Then you sunk it into $20 eagles that are now worth $18. You should write a book. "What not to do, the @derryb school of investing."

• Options

LOL, You a funny troll.

• Options

@derryb said:

>

And FWIW Baley a pension and a $126 a month social security check are not entitlements. They are hard earned benefits that were contributed to during a demanding yet rewarding career. They are a return on the investment in oneself. The day will come when you will wish or will be glad you did the same.

Agree, in fact, i specifically brought up the subject to cause you to say that, just so i could agree!
    Dance on my strings, puppet!!

Jk on that last joke, the point is that we need inflation in order to pay for everyone's earned whatever-you-want-to-call-them monthly checks forever.

I like having all three of my pet trolls in the same thread. Consolidation at its best.

Thank you oh wise master.
    Not Kidding about learning from you and doing some of what you do when I'm your age.