Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Chicago Coin Expo Meeting!?

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Where were the rest of you? I waited at the Garden Terrace from 2:00-2:15 and didn't see anybody looking for anybody. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be until I told the person there that I was meeting some people and I didn't know their names or what they looked like. He gave me a funny look.

Oh well, maybe next time and we will wear some kind of code. The next big show I will be going to is probably the Silver Dollar Show in St. Louis in October.

Had fun Friday, but wish we could of met.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    dimeman (Jon),
    I was at the expo until 12:45pm. I than received a phone call from my wife. She is pregnant but is going to have to abort (tubular pregnancy) so I left to meet her at the hospital. I was going to PM you but you do not have that feature turned on in your profile., and I did not have your phone number. I truly am sorry I missed you. A lot of other things have happened ( I sold my entire SLQ collection). If all goes well, I am going to buy an oil company in Louisiana and I needed to raise cash fast...sure is funny that I sold coins for quick cash but I could not touch any bank accounts due to penalties. The prices I realized from 3 dealers were very fair ... the 4th dealer got the better of me since I had to leave, & I needed to sell & I could not come back Saturday or Sunday. Sorry that this post is personal and may not interest many here but I wanted to apoligize to dimeman.
    It is possible for people to ask questions for no other reason than to educate themselves. The only stupid questions are those that are never asked.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTC,

No apoligy needed. Hope your wife is doing well and I am truly sorry this happened to your family.

Hope you can get back into coins someday. Good luck on your new adventure.

Jon
  • Options
    Jon

I know I never intended to meet up with anyone however I was there on Saturday. First time for me. I thought there would be more people there and there were some empty tables too. I was surprised. I also saw some dealers packing up around 2:30 - 3:00. Was this normal or was the show kinda a bust for them? Larry Whitlow was there and man does he have some cash tied up in Mercs, that's for sure. I picked up a few while I was there. I wish I could have met up with you'all but my job prevents me from taking off while the markets are open.

I am interested in high grade circulated early date Mercs if any one has any available PM me!

TC

TC
  • Options
    windycitytrio,

Hope all is well with your family. Sorry you had to let those SLQ go I know how much you loved them. Good luck in your new endeavor.

The SLQ will be awaiting your return.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I got there at 11 (was in Chicago at 10 but couldn't find the darn place) and had to leave at 12:30.

Kyle