Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does "just slabbed" mean its worth double or triple?

a little curious..... as to interpretations...

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

I think the intent to show that it was graded during this 'tough grader' period.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alifaxwa2 ..... I didnt even realize there were two era's of grading.... What is the cutoff?

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could also indicate that the slab is nicer and unscratched compared to a card that was graded 10 years ago. Damaged and scratched holders drive me crazy, so this is something I would look for.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2020 1:25PM

Really don't think is means it was graded during tougher grading period. Probably was just reslabbed.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I see "just Slabbed" I sometimes think that the seller is probably less likely to discount much in order to recoup some of their recent grading fees.

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    @alifaxwa2 ..... I didnt even realize there were two era's of grading.... What is the cutoff?

No idea. But been lots of complaints here and other places about grading tougher lately.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    Could also indicate that the slab is nicer and unscratched compared to a card that was graded 10 years ago. Damaged and scratched holders drive me crazy, so this is something I would look for.

That's what I think as well. It's a nice, new slab that has the newest technologies in the grading industry.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

The newer slabs have additional security measures to prevent fraud. Some people like to have the newer slabs for this reason. Also, people who are OCD might want all the slabs to be the same in a set they are collecting. Does it mean you can get a premium for the newer slabs? Maybe a little to the right person. I have never seen anything near double or triple though.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

1."from pack to slab"
    2."one owner, from 20 yr old sleeve to slab"
    3."Pope blessed, from Vatican to slab"
    4."from a sealed pack which was FASB which was FASC to slab"
    on and on since 2009(my time in slab works)
    ok, maybe not the third one it's for effect only
    :D