Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Submission Question- Sending 2 different submissions

NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

For you guys that submit. I filled out 2 different submission forms. One economy and one regular. I want to send both in one package. Can I do that?Two other Questions:
1. What is this package information block they are referring to?
"You may send us more than one submission at a time in the same box. If you do this, be sure and fill out the "Package Information" block at the top of the submission form."

1. I see it says to write the service level on the outside of the package/box. Do I write economy & Regular?

I haven't submitted coins to them in years. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are answers to two of your three questions:
    1. Yes, several submissions can indeed go in the same box. If you’re not in a rush to get the “Regular” service coins back, you can write on both submission slips to “hold shipments until all submissions in this box have been graded, to return both submissions together in one box”. This will save you shipping costs to some extent.
    2. Write the FASTEST service on the outside of your box. In your case, write “REGULAR SERVICE”.

Good luck

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 8:20PM

Yes. I just sent in 3 different submission types, all in the same package.
    1. I did not see it either so I just wrote it at the top. It was something that used to be on the form a few years ago.
    2. Regular...you write the fastest one.

Edit: I overnighted my package on Monday. They received it Tuesday. They scanned 2 submissions on Wednesday and the 3rd on Thursday morning.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the answers! B)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry that I am not answering your questions but all I can say is the PCGS submission form/process is more complex than refinancing a house, obtaining a passport, registering to vote, opening a bank account etc. Always blew my mind how they can make what should be the simplest of tasks so complex.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Sorry that I am not answering your questions but all I can say is the PCGS submission form/process is more complex than refinancing a house, obtaining a passport, registering to vote, opening a bank account etc. Always blew my mind how they can make what should be the simplest of tasks so complex.

Are you using the paper copies of the submission forms? I know those can be confusing.

If you go to the website, there is a tool that guides you through all of the steps - and actually creates a fully submission form that you can print out to accompany your coins. I use that tool whenever I submit coins!

You can access that tool here:
    https://pcgs.com/onlinesubmission

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS has made the process pretty much "dummy proof" if you go online. except for a few very special circumstance I can see no reason to use a paper form. that is the downside of everyone, and I mean everyone relying so heavily on cell phones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file