Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Opinions on how to handle this ebay situation . . .

I won this item on June 27 and paid that day:

https://ebay.com/itm/Graded-Wander-Franco-2020-Bowman-50-Auto-Mint/333631260285?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The seller, apparently not happy with the closing price, has already re-listed the item here (and by the way, upped his shipping charges to $35):

https://ebay.com/itm/333638258150?ViewItem=&item=333638258150

I have contacted the seller multiple times. I have also spoken with ebay on the phone, they told me to report the seller, which I did. I also reported the item.

It has been a few days since I spoke with ebay, still no action taken on the item.

I have not heard a thing from the seller, and of course he has not sent the card.

Options are to let everything run it's course, get a refund from ebay, and leave the negative. I'd like to leave the negative before the current auction ends to warn prospective bidders, but technically it's only been 4-5 days since the auction I won ended, so leaving a negative if there's just a "misunderstanding" would be a bummer.

Thoughts?

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 9:06AM

Open a case, take the refund, and move on. A small claims case could probably be opened for failing to fulfill a contract, but it's probably not worth the hassle.

Somehow he got the card graded between the end of the raw auction on the 18th and the start of the auction you won on the 20th. All kinds of shadiness going on.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Open a case, get the refund, and then it's negative feedback city. I'd be pissed.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Open the case, get the refund, leave the neg. Be thankful he didn't provide tracking info.

Arthur

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Sorry you are out the card. Happened to me with a big seller on a Psa 10 Kobe Bryant Bowman’s best rookie that was an auction selling for less than it should have.. He said I can’t sell it for that price and canceled the transaction.
    I was frustrated, but really nothing a buyer can do. I am not sure Negative feedback is a big hit since buyers have other protection.
    Good luck!

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

NEGATIVE.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

always risky winning anything with a seller with absolutely no seller feedback, all 4 of his feedbacks come from buyers

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

A garbage Ebay seller.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

It would be great Karma if it didn't sell for as much the second time around!

I had that happen not that long ago...used the offer feature on an auction before there were bids, that was more than fair of what the item was going for...seller laughed at me and said no....so I waited patiently in the weeds and sniped it at the end of the auction and won it for almost half of what my offer was. No way I was going to place a bid with time left and let him shill me since he knew I wanted it. I was certain I wouldn't even get the card, but seller sent it and it arrived just fine.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 1:27PM

Now THIS would pi$$ me off!

If ebay has any ball$ they would cancel his current auction and instruct him to send you the card.

If he refuses or tries any "funny stuff" he should be banned for life from listing items for sale.

I hope you get the card, but I assume he cannot be compelled to send it to you.

NEGATIVE ALL THE WAY!

edited to add, I reported this to ebay as a fraudulent listing. Maybe if several people did this the seller might get the message.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Canes8387899101Canes8387899101 Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Absolutely awful! Would be funny if you bid again, and won it for less. However, the A-hole wouldn't send it a second time, so not worth it. I reported the item as well for you.