Home Sports Talk

Best NFL pass rushers

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like to brag, but I was quite a pass rusher myself back in my playing days when I was a young little dragon jr. so I've loved watching pass rushers disrupt an offense ever since. Yes, the legend of my game ending sack back in the 93' Tiger Bowl is true. The opposing offense did have one last chance against us to score and win, but I broke through the offensive linemen and got to the quarterback. I've loved watching pass rushers ever since. So who are the best to ever get after the quarterback? Yes, I'm still proud of my moment of glory.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020 12:26AM

Reggie White could disrupt an offense.

He just man handles Cris Carter.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

LT was pretty nasty when he wanted to get him some QB

@perkdog said:
    LT was pretty nasty when he wanted to get him some QB

Definately. Check out this sack, LT is just absolutely determined to get the quarterback and manages to get one arm on him and bring him down. LT was a nightmare to try and block.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keith Millard was pretty awesome. I remember a game against Philly (Vikings loss, if I remember) where him and Reggie pretty much took over the game. Both were unstoppable.

Unfortunately Keith had a couple of severe knee injuries that shortened his career.

Another Viking, Alan Page was awesome as well. Both of these guys were Tackles too, harder imo to be a sack leader than a DE.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Millard was a monster

John Randle of the Minnesota Vikings was always fun to watch. He was a beast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QERsU3dsDYE

edited July 2, 2020 12:32PM

Bruce Smith could certainly create havoc for an offensive lineman.

Bruce had a good spin move also.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    John Randle of the Minnesota Vikings was always fun to watch. He was a beast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QERsU3dsDYE

Another defensive tackle. HOFer that went undrafted!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reggie White was the best I ever saw. Constant double teams and he still ended up 2nd all time in sacks.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Derrick Thomas was pretty electric.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Past: Deacon Jones

Present: Aaron Donald

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw thinks this award should go to Joe "Turkey" Jones.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CtcQqwpCFJ4