Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Coins/Pins Poppage - 7/29 Update w/scans

LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time trying to grade any of these, pleased on the Citgos and Palmers, really had no idea what to expect on these ...

EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1969 Citgo Coins Pete Rose Coin
EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1971-72 Sunoco Coins Top Performers of Past 25 Years Arnold Palmer Aluminum Coin
NEAR MINT 7 1971-72 Sunoco Coins Top Performers of Past 25 Years Arnold Palmer Aluminum Coin
EXCELLENT 5 1971 Topps Coins 101 Pete Rose Coin
EXCELLENT 5 1985 Fun Food Buttons 4 Pete Rose Pin
EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1990 Mlbpa Pins Barry Larkin Card
NEAR MINT 7 1990 Topps Coins 51 Barry Larkin Coin

Comments

• Options

Scans of my keepers ...

• Options

Fun Food!!! These pins were so cool to get when they came out

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:
    Fun Food!!! These pins were so cool to get when they came out

A tip of the hat ...

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

very cool...Fun Foods buttons hard to find centered? Heck, maybe hard to find at all :) The Larkin looks pretty good as far as centering, so maybe scratches got ya? I have a bunch of 1988 Topps coins I will one day submit, and checked really close for scratches when deciding on which ones I will eventually submit..

Those Redlegs better pick up the pace here in 2020 -- short season and can't afford to fall too far behind...bats need to awaken...

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Scans of my keepers ...

>

SWEET!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@Kep13 said:
    very cool...Fun Foods buttons hard to find centered? Heck, maybe hard to find at all :) The Larkin looks pretty good as far as centering, so maybe scratches got ya? I have a bunch of 1988 Topps coins I will one day submit, and checked really close for scratches when deciding on which ones I will eventually submit..

I just grabbed what I had available and gave them a shot, mostly as slot fillers or for resale. I subbed all the multiples in hand and hoped for the best, but most I only had one copy.

Those Redlegs better pick up the pace here in 2020 -- short season and can't afford to fall too far behind...bats need to awaken...

I doubt I watch a single moment more of baseball this year. Three minutes on opening day was enough.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@LarkinCollector said:
    Scans of my keepers ...

SWEET!

There's a PSA 6 auction on eBay going pretty cheap right now ;)

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Arnie coin. Looks like you got some toning on the piece.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Nice Arnie coin. Looks like you got some toning on the piece.

I'm pretty sure it's just happy scanner glare, like the glowing eyes since I don't believe aluminum tones. I'd love to find a toned sterling from the 71 Sport Mag set or even a bronze. Happy to trade sports cards @ current eBay for any .999 silver @ spot though ;)