Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO: 1845 $10 Gold Eagle PCGS 58 - $SOLD

vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

A really nice example of a very low pop, early date liberty gold eagle.

Priced very competitively at $SOLD shipped via USPS registered mail, fully insured. I have not been active for a couple of years now, but am willing to ship first if you have recent transactions with references. We can also work out other options (meeting in-person etc). Just PM me if you're interested.

References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

From CDN it shows $7,500 wholesale $9,380 retail.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id price it at $6,000 and see if you can sell it. There are several NGC examples in 58 that Heritage sold in the $4000-$4,500. The 55 OGH coin looks better than yours. Yours looks a touch better than the 58 NGC coins sold. I think if you got CAC on your coin, it could bring 7-8K, but I don’t think it would CAC. Worth the investment to see though

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

It seems to grade higher than what Hansen has. Pop 2 with 1 higher.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

New holder without a CAC on better date gold = will sell at deep discount

• Options
    edited June 30, 2020 11:53AM

See if Doug Winter or Hansen will make you an offer. If it fails to sticker, throw it up for $12000 obo (PCGS price guide value is $15k) on coin boards on eBay and see if the bargain hunters will show you some love.

As to actual value, as is in a no reserve auction, I think it would sell for a price similar to your GC purchase price.

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consign it to Great Collections auction (GC). Low seller fees. It would do well there. Good luck...

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Thank you all for the advice. I also got quite a few PMs and I have updated the listing accordingly.

References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck....as I recall, in the old days running commentary was unacceptable on coins offered for sale on the BST unless the seller was misrepresenting a coin or trying to defraud forum buyers.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2020 6:41PM

Congrats to the buyer and seller.

• Options
    edited July 2, 2020 2:28PM

@CommemDude said:
    Good luck....as I recall, in the old days running commentary was unacceptable on coins offered for sale on the BST unless the seller was misrepresenting a coin or trying to defraud forum buyers.

The original post solicited advice on pricing. That’s why there was so much commentary. We weren’t responding to a sales ad.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommemDude said:

The amount of people who would rather reach out and assist OP is evidently higher than random passing strangers who pop in to complain.

Not just that, nobody in this thread has interest in defrauding anybody. It is not 2010. There are not bot accounts like reddit or Instagram. These are established users with multimillion dollar businesses tied to their handles here.

Why do you care and what does it matter? If you have problems with people cluttering a thread, then why would you submit another post and barge in on their conversation? What makes you so important?

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP appears to be a coin listed for sale as this is the BST. That is followed by multiple opinions about the proper price for this coin. I did not realize that the OP apparently asked for advice, and then edited his post after these responses were posted.

I wonder if you realize that the lack of civility on this forum has driven away many knowledgeable people with something to contribute other than their opinion.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options

@CommemDude said:
    OP appears to be a coin listed for sale as this is the BST. That is followed by multiple opinions about the proper price for this coin. I did not realize that the OP apparently asked for advice, and then edited his post after these responses were posted.

>

I can definitely see why you thought that as there is no way to view revision history unfortunately. I definitely would not have made the comments I did without the OP originally soliciting advice.

• Options

Thank you all. I appreciate the support. I should have posted first in the US Coins forum asking for advice and then listed the coin here. I know we have rules and I will keep them in mind going forward.