Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another Ebay issue: One token missing from envelope. Update!:)

NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 30, 2020 2:31PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Ok, so I bought two tokens from a seller in France about 2 weeks ago. They were seperate listings. Only one of the items was marked shipped with a tracking number. The other was not updated. I assumed that the seller mailed both in one envelope and didn't update the shipping status of the other item. On Friday, I received the package but only found 1 token inside. I contacted the seller 2 days ago and just got a response this morning saying that the token was mailed. The shipping status for the missing token was changed today to delivered but doesn't show a tracking number. Haven't heard back yet from the seller yet.

One thing I thought was sketchy was it was mailed in a plain white letter envelope, and the token was just packaged between 2 pieces of cardboard taped together. Came registered mail.

Never had this happen before.

Comments

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a typical case where the seller forgot that the shipment should have contained two items. Expensive to ship registered, so I'd guess he'll try to avoid making a second shipment. Assuming it was ebay, just file a case for a refund on the item that wasn't sent.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume the shipper never said that he would send both coins together??
    so you are assuming also that he did?
    So, how can one token be missing from the envelope if you do not know that it ever was in the envelope?
    just asking...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2020 2:16PM

ot> @YQQ said:

I assume the shipper never said that he would send both coins together??
    so you are assuming also that he did?
    So, how can one token be missing from the envelope if you do not know that it ever was in the envelope?
    just asking...

Yes I was just assuming that he shipped both coins together. I just checked and there is a tracking number. It's the same tracking number but recently added. Haven't heard back yet from the seller.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happened to me before. Received only one coin and a tracking from two separated orders. Seller later on update the missing coin with old tracking after I filed the claim. Since I did signed the original package, he won the claim. Lesson to learn, you sign you loose. However item not as describe, you would still have a chance.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

A seller once sent me a roll of quarters in a flimsy cardboard envelope that ripped during shipment. I received only the empty envelope, as the roll of quarters fell out during shipping. eBay reimbursed me for the item.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2020 7:20PM

I just found the invoice they sent with the package. It only had one item # on it and it was for the token I received. I'm pretty sure they never sent the other one.

How should I go about this? Send them a copy of the invoice? They have 100% feedback 14,500 and an ebay member since 2004. I'm thinking they are confused about what they sent.

• Options
    edited June 30, 2020 2:38PM

After I opened a case about the missing item. The seller finally got back to me and sent me the tracking number for the other token. It was mailed out the 12th according to the tracking. Its going through customs now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file